Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Yesterday we were getting ready to go inside when UPS came. I told Duckling to go inside, and I continued cleaning up toys. I was nowhere near the driver. He made a point of handling the package to me. He wasn’t masked, and I obviously wasn’t while playing basketball on my property. I used my shirt when I realized he was behind me, but I felt panicked until I showered. Don’t I have the right to a certain level of security?

Yesterday we were getting ready to go inside when UPS came. I told Duckling to go inside, and I continued cleaning up toys. I was nowhere near the driver. He made a point of handling the package to me. He wasn’t masked, and I obviously wasn’t while playing basketball on my property. I used my shirt when I realized he was behind me, but I felt panicked until I showered. Don’t I have the right to a certain level of security?

Honestly I like the Amazon drivers a lot better. The ones I've gotten lately have all hung back, asked if there was a specific spot I wanted the package, I point at the driveway and say anywhere is fine, and they leave it about 20' away and then leave.

I live too far in the boonies for Amazon delivery.
Same here. I saw an Amazon commercial about a month ago showing Amazon delivering boxes in their blue vans and was like..."Amazon delivers??"
Same with the Wayfair commercials. Around here it's the typical carriers that have been around since buck was a calf and nothing more.

None of the people have been wearing mask or gloves either, ever, and have behaved no differently than normal. UPS, FedEx, and USPS.

Same here. I saw an Amazon commercial about a month ago showing Amazon delivering boxes in their blue vans and was like..."Amazon delivers??"

None of the people have been wearing mask or gloves either, ever, and have behaved no differently than normal. UPS, FedEx, and USPS.

Hmm do you have a county or state mandate for masks? My county now has a directive, so every delivery person that shows up has been masked.

I guess we're spoiled to the Amazon Prime vans, since we're close-ish to HQ. I very rarely get Amazon deliveries from contract companies or even Flex drivers.

Same with the Wayfair commercials. Around here it's the typical carriers that have been around since buck was a calf and nothing more.

:lau I just found out Amazon delivers too.

I swear we’re supposed to be wearing masks in close contact still. Especially delivery people. Their vehicles are considered their office (I know they aren’t allowed to smoke in it) so should be masked. Getting into various customers’ faces, it’s risky!

Hmm do you have a county or state mandate for masks? My county now has a directive, so every delivery person that shows up has been masked.

I guess we're spoiled to the Amazon Prime vans, since we're close-ish to HQ. I very rarely get Amazon deliveries from contract companies or even Flex drivers.
Statewide I believe, though we did just cross a thresh hold to a second phase I think. But most people here have ignored all the mandates from the beginning. There was a funeral gathering close by during the strictest part of the stay at home/no gathering orders back in April. Probably 75 to 100 people...not a mask in sight. :(

We haven't been heavily hit, but I think it's been just a matter of dumb luck.

Back
Top Bottom