Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Hmm, where I live right now ONLY people over 65 are gonna get vaccinated next month.

And people under 18 aren't eligible because adolescent trials only started like two months ago because adult trials and approval has to be be gotten before kids trials can start most of the time.
Don’t worry. I’m on your side.

I’m just really frustrated the way that this has been rolled out.

In CA it seems no one who isn't a healthcare worker or living or working in a long term health or aging facility will be vaccinated before some time in February. They project that anyone who is 65 or older will have at least a first injection by late March. ...because only 1 person in 3 has been infected by Covid in Los Angeles and people only die of it every 6 minutes. I guess they'd get vaccine here faster if the situation were serious or anything.

Last edited:
They did release the data;
https://www.drugdiscoverytrends.com...trial-results-for-covid-19-vaccine-candidate/
" In a viral infection model, macaques received two injections with 100 µg of the vaccine candidate and macaques that received saline control injections were challenged 55 days after the second immunization with a high viral inoculum of about 1 million plaque-forming units of SARS-CoV-2. Immunization with BNT162b2 reduced viral infection with no viral RNA detected in the lower respiratory tract of the immunized animals, while the control group demonstrated evidence of viral RNA. "

“The data we have shared today include the characterization of our lead candidate BNT162b2, as well as key animal studies that were the basis for our clinical programs. They have enabled us to advance BNT162b2 into Phase 3 evaluation,”

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/resea...se-animals-to-covid-19-mrna-vaccine-candidate
I’m still working but I checked the thread and saw your post. I’ll still respond to the rest later. Anyway, those links you posted actually help make my point. Those are press released information, not data. Press bites are not the same as releasig the raw data for peer review.

I’m still working but I checked the thread and saw your post. I’ll still respond to the rest later. Anyway, those links you posted actually help make my point. Those are press released information, not data. Press bites are not the same as releasig the raw data for peer review.

Found it on the Pfizer website.
https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-r...ontech-announce-data-preclinical-studies-mrna

"The manuscript describing these preclinical data is available on a preprint server at https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.09.08.280818v1 and is concurrently undergoing scientific peer-review for potential publication."

I didn't read through the whole thread but thought I'd comment. If it wasn't for covid and hubs being laid off for 5 weeks we would not have chickens! Lol and I am enjoying the heck out of my chickens!!

We have been very fortunate all considering. Hubs and son traveled all spring, summer and fall for work but we didn't get it until last time out of town for the season. Go figure. Lol
I do have Crohn's disease and it knocked my immune system down enough to give me shingles a couple weeks after. I would not wish that on anyone!! And I'm too young to qualify for the shingles vaccine 😒 anyways, like I said, fortunate all considering so that's all I have to complain about.
Welcome aboard from a fellow covid survivor. It sure isn't much fun, is it? But at least we know we can get through it, now!

On one hand, I can't wait to get vaccinated, and wish it was available sooner. Actually though, this is the most impressive, fastest vaccine development story ever! I keep reminding myself of that fact, when frustrated because we don't have it yet.
Mary

Happily, they had already been working for some time on the messenger RNA technology so they had a big head start and just had to plug in the variables specific to this virus.

Don’t worry. I’m on your side.

I’m just really frustrated the way that this has been rolled out.

I understand. Paperwork is a pain, but it's a new vaccine so they have to be like "are you suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you wanna take it?". 9_9; It's frustrating. But it's definitely focused on elderly and high risk first immediately after healthcare workers. Even my sister with RA can't get it yet. It won't be too many more months before more people get it. I think it's going to essential workers after elderly and then open age groups. If D is still at grocery he'll get it then. G just started his new job at a medical software company so he's no longer eligible.

Back
Top Bottom