Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Shock and surprise - rules can be right or wrong.
Being a rule on its own doesn't make it right.

Slavery was legal.
And we changed the laws.

When the path toward your personal view of a perfect world has laws 'that are not right' they are OK to ignore.

Yet when the laws/views that go opposite of what your personal views are ignored, it's rhetoric.

This is hypocrisy in its very definition.

And we changed the laws.

When the path toward your personal view of a perfect world has laws 'that are not right' they are OK to ignore.

Yet when the laws/views that go opposite of what your personal views are ignored, it's rhetoric.

This is hypocrisy in its very definition.

I'm sorry you don't know the definition of rhetoric and hypocrisy. :) An ESL course might help you out.

Please don’t read any hidden message in MY statement. Put America first. I have no hidden agenda. I also support the constitution and the bill of rights.

I know you don't. But as you can see above, the idea of America First and anti-immigrant rhetoric opens things up to some terrible ideas.

Things like "Slavery was a law and we changed it. Laws are meant to be obeyed until changed legally, regardless of morality." Not "Slavery was inherently wrong and disobeying slavery laws is a human and moral imperative. We had an entire war about it because we couldn't change the law legally".

I think it's important to pay attention to where our ideas come from and how the people we seem to agree with about them use them to justify their ideas and what the outcomes of those ideas are.

And also nothing about it is gonna help COVID much.

Last edited:
I know you don't. But as you can see above, the idea of America First and anti-immigrant rhetoric opens things up to some terrible ideas.

Things like "Slavery was a law and we changed it. Laws are meant to be obeyed until changed legally, regardless of morality." Not "Slavery was inherently wrong and disobeying slavery laws is a human and moral imperative. We had an entire war about it because we couldn't change the law legally".

I think it's important to pay attention to where our ideas come from and how the people we seem to agree with about them use them to justify their ideas and what the outcomes of those ideas are.

And also nothing about it is gonna help COVID much.
You might wanna take your own advise on that last part.

Its the flu. I don't get the flu, I never have. I don't get flu shots, I never have. I don't wear mask, I never have. I wear a gun, I always have. I'm free to do so and always will.
Do you get the flu? well, wear your mask, get your flu shot as your free to do so. You're not free to make me.
The flu? Really? I am old enough to have lived through several flu epidemics. I remember the Hong Kong flu, H1N1 and others, In no flu epidemic have I ever seen refrigerated trailers parked behind hospitals and county morgues because there was no place else to put the bodies. I don't ever remember LA lifting clean air restrictions to allow the crematoriums to work overtime to process the dead who were victims of the flu. I don't remember any flu epidemic where hospitals were converting the chapel, gift shop, and break rooms to wards for patients. I don't remember any flu epidemic where all the hospitals in a county were at 100% capacity, meaning that there were no beds available. If you had a heart attack or were in a car accident, you were out of luck. There was no bed for you and there was no staff to treat you. In no flu epidemic was I ever personally acquainted with anyone who lost three family members to the flu in a matter of weeks. In this case the family members did no live together. Two were old and frail but the third was a robust construction worker. He died anyway. I don't remember any of that happening during a flu epidemic. Do you?

By the way, the mask is primarily to protect the people you come into contact with. Not you.

Here h2oratt:

FAA80F1B-E0A4-45AB-BF4F-7DEECE643336.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom