Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

So glad this med is being taken seriously. It was sad when they shot down hydroxychloroquine after it had helped so many people and was so inexpensive. Is ivermectin very expensive?

I'm paying for it out of pocket and it's ~$1.50 per dose. I've heard of it being even cheaper. In fact, it's given away for free in some areas, e.g. parts of India and Africa.

For those here that do the exhaustive research....
Do the tests for ivermectin include being exposed to the COVID to prove efficacy?

No, that's illegal in most places these days for human trials. Deliberately infecting people is VERY frowned upon these days.

The way the good ones are run are the same as vaccine trials. A group of people gets split into two, half gets treatment, half gets a placebo. Then they compare the results; how many who got the placebo VS the treatment got sick in the same timeframe? Of the people who got sick, how badly?
So for example when Pfizer says 95% effective, they mean, say, the control saw 100 people out of 1000 get sick in a month or so after the test, while the vaccine group got 5 people out of 1000 get sick in the same time frame.

Since that can be a statistical anomaly on a small scale it's best if these studies are quite large (to the tune of hundreds) before it can be taken as a definitive. Studies on the scale for ivermectin haven't been done, but smaller scale ones show enough promise that larger scale ones are underway in the USA.

Personally, I have a good time going shopping without a mask. Who knew that Johnny Conservative here was such an edge lord? All of those chicks who chose bad biker boys over me back in the day really missed out. The only reason I would ever wear a mask to the store is to rob the joint.
I have to wonder: what is it that makes people do things with the sole intent of getting under the skin of others? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom