Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

FB_IMG_1627919280315.jpg

Masks should be worn in situations where there is a risk of transmission.

Agreed, but where do we draw the line with this? Will we ever stop wearing masks?

Because we now know that vaccinated you can catch and spread it, but your less likely to have severe symptoms or hospitalizations. At some point I feel you have you say the folks that are vaccinated are protected to some degree if they transmitted it to someone unvaccinated that's on them, their risk, their choice, if transmitted to someone who's vaccinated well they might get it with mild symptoms like a small cold or they may not and we have to move on.

Agreed, but where do we draw the line with this? Will we ever stop wearing masks?

Because we now know that vaccinated you can catch and spread it, but your less likely to have severe symptoms or hospitalizations. At some point I feel you have you say the folks that are vaccinated are protected to some degree if they transmitted it to someone unvaccinated that's on them, their risk, their choice, if transmitted to someone who's vaccinated well they might get it with mild symptoms like a small cold or they may not and we have to move on.
I was thinking that way too. Until I got thinking about that it keeps mutating. So the more people that get it, the greater chance it will mutate into something the vaccine can't protect us from severe illness.

I was thinking that way too. Until I got thinking about that it keeps mutating. So the more people that get it, the greater chance it will mutate into something the vaccine can't protect us from severe illness.

Very good point.

I guess I just don't think we will ever be able to fully rid ourselves of Covid. Kind of like the flu, there are so many variants. I don't think we can ever or at least in the foreseeable future provide a vaccine that eliminates anyone from fully catching it. Just have to protect ourselves as best we can with the vax and any booster shots that come along over the next few years.

Feeling pretty anxious and afraid tonight. Louisiana currently has the worst COVID cases in the US. Our governor is talking about another lockdown, and word on the street is there'll probably be one announced in the next 2 weeks. I'm consoling myself with the fact that I have eggs in the incubator that I can watch hatch if we get locked down.

Anyone have any good news? Got a new puppy? Found a great new Worcestershire sauce?
:hugs

good news here:
  • Just hatched 4 peachicks
  • Just got a media pass to the rodeo! Nothing Fancy, just means I can bring a real camera in where those without cannot.
Will be going to the rodeo wearing a mask, and I bet I will be the only one there wearing one.

It'll continue to mutate no matter what we do. Some countries never locked down never mandated masks and statistics were the same as locked down mask mandated countries, same with our state's in the USA. No statistical difference looking at the data.
Don't forsee any slow down. Compared to six months ago it's slowed down massively but we in the USA will not see a slow down from where we are now, don't forsee it happening when they (our Govt) are randomly placing covid positive people by the thousands throughout our country.

Finally our government has decided bars, restaurants , schools and other public places need good ventilation. No airco or fan (these spread the aerosols). But open windows and mechanic ventilation systems that refreshes the air.
It seems this makes a huge difference. They use CO2 / carbon meters to check.

Bars and such stay closed after 11 pm.

Numbers of new Covid infected are decreasing fast now. People rarely where masks anymore. Most people above 40 are fully vaccinated now (>80%) . And the younger people more and more too.

Back
Top Bottom