Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Actually the derailment started long ago. The original intent was 'Covid 19 and how it has affected your daily life' or something to that effect. Then the many agendas (sadly) were introduced.
I dont intend to have an "agenda". My thoughts were based on an observation of how society has been changed by this matter. Thats why I pushed for us to get back on topic. It seems people have focused on one specific sentence I wrote versus the entirety of the post. Covid has affected all of us. Our daily lives have been sieged and torn. In so many words I meant to express my fear that we will never return to normal. I appreciate finding like minded people on this site and I think everyone is entitled to their opinion but it doesnt mean you have the right to disagree or cancel someone who doesnt see eye to eye with you. I think if we all met on common ground we could have a little peace :thumbsup now lets get back on topic. I hope everyone is healthy and being safe

What about the people who prefer to be buried? Also keep in mind that you need to store remains. The funeral homes are over run right now. I dont think this is a fair statement
I don't know what it costs to be buried these days. I know a bit about the costs of cremation because the last three people I knew who died testing positive for Covid were cremated.

I don't know what it costs to be buried these days. I know a bit about the costs of cremation because the last three people I knew who died testing positive for Covid were cremated.
It varies based on what you choose. Gravestones are expensive, caskets are expensive, transportation, body storage...it all adds up. Funeral homes are having to turn people away because they simply dont have room in their freezers. Some people sit on what to do with a loved one for a while and it leads to back up to the point the body is essentially frozen soup. Not to mention operating costs for funeral homes. A funeral could cost as much as 10 grand or more.

How about a bit of dark humour just to give everyone a laugh?

When I returned to the UK having been away for a decade one of the first things on my to do list was to claim my pension.

By the time I applied for payment I was already three months past my entitlement date; the pension department owed me money. It’s not much, but if one is not well off it helps to keep one alive.

I filled out the forms, dotted the i’s and crossed the t’s and sent it off to the address specified on the form.

A month went by without a response.

When I tried to contact them by phone I got a recorded message stating that due to Covid the department was struggling to keep up with demand.

I did eventually get to speak to a person (they owed me four and half months pension back pay by now)

The person I spoke to was very pleasant but still mentioned that there were delays due to Covid and they were unusually busy.

I couldn’t help but point out that given people in my age group and above were dying like flies from Covid the pressure on their department must be a fraction of what it was while pensioners like myself were still living.

I’m not convinced they got the humour.

1638903492820.png

Back
Top Bottom