Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

My niece too. I'm not sure about the gloves but she wears a mask at home and stays in her room when her brother is home because she is afraid he will give it to her because he sometimes takes his mask off when he plays sports. She is sixteen.

She is suicidal much of the time and her first counseling appointment is still a few months out. She's been waiting for it for many months already.

Thankfully, her mother works from home. Which keeps her safer but it is also really rough on her mother because her mother is the safest venting target for her.
How old is she? Sometimes the suicidal thing is just a phase. It was with me as a teen. My parents paid it no mind. Found my death notes and everything. Cutting is just a phase too but can become addictive. I dont have that issue anymore but when I was a teen it felt like the only way I could cry.

Wow. I've never actually listened to Dr. Zelinko until tonight. I've been using his protocol for before you get covid, and used his protocol to be ready if (when) I get it and read some of his stuff but listening to him is really impressive. And a quite heart-breaking that so many people have been lost and so many damaged so unnecessarily.

He's treated seven thousand people. And lost three. Only about half were really high risk though.
I will have to have a listen.

She is almost sixteen.
Yea Id say shes just having a rough time. I dont know her but this is common for teens. They dont yet understand life and that the bullying isnt permanent. She could definitely benwfit from counselling if its a concern...like shes attempted suicide...but in my personal experience from being young and stupid...youre rarely sucessful. Angst is common in the teen years. I grew up with an alcoholic mother who was abusive to me and my father. He got put in jail a lot for just fighting back against her abuse. She was not well in the head and eventually it killed her. Thats the termoil i deal with daily

Yea Id say shes just having a rough time...
Thank you for your concern. Her mother is neither alcoholic nor abusive in any way. You have all my empathy in dealing with the aftermath of yours.

She is on the autism spectrum, high enough that she wasn't diagnosed in until the last couple of years (I'm not sure if it was diagnosed shortly before covid hit or only after.) Hindsight and research since her diagnosis make a lot of things from her earliest/earlier years make a LOT more sense. She may have obsessed about something anyway but she had been doing well in most aspects of life and not terribly bad in the few she struggled with the most.

Last edited:
I'm working through the concepts related to individuals being considered idiots and selfish for the past two years, nearly, for gauging whether to wear masks inside public places depending on the circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom