Corrid dose for month old and less.

1.5 teaspoons to one gallon of water.
Here is the dosing chart.
You can also give them some direct to get it in them quickly, dosing for that is at this link, you give this drench in addition to the water treatment:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/corid-oral-drench-instructions.1211991/
900x900px-LL-a380cae7_Untitled.jpeg

USE the 1.5 teaspoons per gallon of water dose if you are seeing blood.

Mix 1/2 teaspoon of Corid POWDER with 2 teaspoons of water and give each chick a drop straight to the beak.
Once a day for 3 days straight in addition to the water mixture.

1.5 teaspoons to one gallon of water.
Here is the dosing chart.
You can also give them some direct to get it in them quickly, dosing for that is at this link, you give this drench in addition to the water treatment:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/corid-oral-drench-instructions.1211991/
View attachment 1427156

Ok so im reaching day 7 of my initial severe out break and my question is weather or not I wait a day between my out break treatment and my preventive treatment. I read some where that after the first 7 days i should give there body a day of rest and give them water with electrolytes in it and after 24 hours I should start the second week of treatment for preventive.

So it would be

5-7 days of treatment for outbreak at 1 tsp of corid 20%

1 day of plain water and electrolytes

5-7 days of treatment for preventive at 1/2 tsp of corid 20%

And then my babys should be good.

Am i understanding this right? Or do i have something messed up. I just want to do this right

I've never waited a day between, not sure where that came from, or the logic.
Corid starves the coccidia, giving them a day to recover seems illogical to me.
Usually the 7 days of the severe treatment works, the follow up in severe cases is insurance and to prevent reinfection of a gut that hasn't had time to heal completely yet.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I see no point in skipping a day. Once you complete treatment you can give some vitamins and probiotics to help the gut.

I've never waited a day between, not sure where that came from, or the logic.
Corid starves the coccidia, giving them a day to recover seems illogical to me.
Usually the 7 days of the severe treatment works, the follow up in severe cases is insurance and to prevent reinfection of a gut that hasn't had time to heal completely yet.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I see no point in skipping a day. Once you complete treatment you can give some vitamins and probiotics to help the gut.

Ok thank you i just wanted to make sure

Yup I treat All in contact with each other consistently for at least 7 days and make sure that’s the only water available so you know they are getting the treatment

Ok were on day 7 and thats the only water they have access to . everyone is back to pooping normal except one baby still has diarrhea but everyone did at somepoint of treatment and right after that they went back to normal poops

Back
Top Bottom