B55BCD6F-DD1F-4A06-8B96-181A7E793336.jpeg
Super exciting news!

External pip on one of the eggs.
Not the egg I’ve been having troubles with, but a different baby.

Super duper happy.

Great news On the quail Is there a way to ask a member a question??? I have questions about my call ducks and Pekins Ive seen SundownWaterfowl answers alot of questions about call ducks Im not sure what to do since I dont have a second incubator to hatch what to do becuase calls are ready at 23 th day to stop turning and lock down Can I lockdown and just keep turning the others ???

Great news On the quail Is there a way to ask a member a question??? I have questions about my call ducks and Pekins Ive seen SundownWaterfowl answers alot of questions about call ducks Im not sure what to do since I dont have a second incubator to hatch what to do becuase calls are ready at 23 th day to stop turning and lock down Can I lockdown and just keep turning the others ???

Click on their username to go to their profile page, click on 'Information' and down the bottom it says 'start a conversation'. That means you send them a personal message that no one else can see (unless invited). :)

View attachment 1302137 Super exciting news!

External pip on one of the eggs.
Not the egg I’ve been having troubles with, but a different baby.

Super duper happy.
Very curious what your end result was! :) I have four eggs that made it to hatching day, one popped day 17 and out on 18. Now it’s day nineteen and the other two rockers stopped a couple days ago. No more pips. I’m thinking of candling when I take ‘Alex’ to the brooder

Sadly nope, nothing that I can see. The tapping lessened more too.

I’m really confused...It’s now morning of day 21 and the other chicks still haven’t internally pipped, and these are eggs that I can fully see the air cell. They’re still alive, but man, they’re taking their sweet time.

Maybe they’re not Coturnix...I mean, when I got them, I just assumed they were coturnix since the eggs look like them, but the carton didn’t say...
Usually people say the latest coturnix hatch is day 21, but if I’m not seeing any internal pipping in some, then either my chicks are lazy little guys, or they’re not even coturnix.
:thAll this waiting is killing me haha.
Ive got my first batch of coturnix ever in a homemade incubator and im so impatient! its only day three for me so i hope my guys do well.:bow

Just completed a hatch of 80 eggs this week. Don't give up on them as many times, you don't see the pip & zip with the quail eggs as readily as you'd see it with single-colored egg shells. I've walked away from the incubator thinking 'okay, give them another day' only to have one or two miraculously 'pop out' within minutes of checking last! Resist the urge to keep opening the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom