Coturnix Quail Incubation

Chicken_Lover133

In the Brooder
Jun 27, 2017
So this is my first time hatching quail eggs and I'm very anxious. I'm really hoping I didn't mess anything up.
I put the eggs in the incubator on Feb 24th. I waited 24 hours and counted that as the beginning of the incubation. I first noticed heartbeats on the 1st of March. It's now the 12th of March (The end of Day 15)
I candled the eggs a day before lock down and I did see movement INSIDE most of the eggs. I also water tested for a VERY short time and I barely saw anything, so I just put them all back in a raised the humidity and began the lock down.
I haven't seen any movement from the eggs, nor do I hear anything, so I'm wondering if these guys are just gonna be late hatches. Or should I be concerned that something has gone wrong?
I don't want to candle them to see if there's any internal pips because my home is quite dry and I'd hate to shrink wrap the poor chicks.

I'm also a very impatient person so I know it's highly likely that I'm over thinking it all. :p

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I don't see the need to float test any eggs until they are overdue.

Oxygen and CO2 need to transpire the shell over the whole egg. Until the air pocket is breached, I don't think floating is a good idea.

Patience is a virtue, AND I WANT IT NOW!

Never think something is wrong unless you have clear proof something is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom