Songster
12 Years
Feb 6, 2007
Slocomb, Alabama
Picture093.jpg
Picture098.jpg
Picture097.jpg
Picture095.jpg
Not exactly a pretty coop but it works for now.
Picture096.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I think it looks good too...
hey those three white chickens on the first pic, are they Leghorns? I've got some similar to those.
What breed is the chicken with the cool doo? Neat looking bird
smile.png

Miriam

The tractor is 5' x 10'! It saves on lumber because you only have to cut so many in half. I will try to do a right up on it. The chics love it. I dont close the coop door no more. Some prefer to stay out on the roost all night. There is a roost inside too but, I think they like the cool night air. They are parked right next to the strawberry patch, when they see me eating fresh strawberries they go crazy. They know that I give them some next. I will help any one that wants to build one, let me know if I dont get the plans together before you are ready.
wee.gif
I believe the 3 are Leghorns, I have other white ones that are mixed Barred Rock and Leghorn. They are straight to my knowledge.

Last edited:
edbama, that tractor is great! Everyone here has so many good ideas for these things! It's funny, but whenever I think, OK, that's the tractor I'm going to build, someone else comes up with a better idea! Love it!
Looks like your has 15 birds in it?
Any chance you could post a pic of the reverse side?

Hi,

Is the tractor roof on hinges? What does it look like inside?
If you can take a pic of the inside that would be cool.
Samara

Yes the roof is half on hinges. I was going to take pictures today but my camera batteries died and I did not have any. I will have to take pics tommorrow for mudhen and samara. Sorry for the inconvenience. The roof is on a piano hinge that is split in 2 so that the whole back does not have to be lifted.
wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom