Cow Names? (and update on injured calf)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bleenie, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I need a name for this girl!

Her ankle has shrunk A LOT since we first brought her home, currently it is a little less than half the size it originally was when we got her. The salt baths are really helping open things up and get the 'icky' out everyday. she is also getting a daily dose of DMSO to help with the pain & inflamation. Since it has reduced in size, I have started using the drawing salve again.. the woman at the feed store said this stuff was AMAZING when her horse's leg abcessed so i am keeping my fingers crossed!

Obviously none of this has affected her appetite! she's developed quite a gut and is getting stronger everyday. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Happy to be rid of that itchy halter!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

We've had a Bessie, a Bossy, a Nellie, A Gertie and one I got to name, just called her Brown Cow. So I'm no help at all on names. lol I'm sure someone more imaginative will help out though.

Glad she's gettin' better, pretty lil thing.

3. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Cookies-n-Creme

She is a pretty little thing.

4. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Oreo?

5. AnastasiaY

AnastasiaY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Everett, WA
    She's gorgeous!

Ramona? Thats the first thought that popped into my head.

6. ChickensRCool

ChickensRCool Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Alaska
    Quote:That's what I was thinkin' [​IMG]

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

She almost has a heart on her forehead...... [​IMG] Cupid

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  8. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    Seeing her putting her head on your knee, and wanting lovin and petting..
    My first thought was Sweetie!!

Cuz she seems SOOO Sweet!

9. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    She looks JUST like a Holstein heifer we had. Exact same markings! We named her Blossom. [​IMG]

Yours looks like a Holstein. If so, are you planning on milking her in a couple years? We've had several milk cows. Their names have been Buttercup, Olga, Bessie, Gurty, Jenny, Patti, Lizzy, and Dolly. One name that I want to name a milk cow someday is "Aunt Bea" (after the character in the Andy Griffith show). I just think it'd be a cute name for a milk cow. [​IMG] My pet cow's name is Purdy. That's might be a good name for her too. [​IMG]

10. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

She is a Holstein, she actually came from a small local dairy.
    I was thinking of keeping her but our pasture is pretty full up already. we have 12 cows and 2 horses that keep it very eaten down. I believe i have found a great home for her though, with a good family with a nice piece of property in lower Washington. It'll be a bit before they get her but they were fully willing to deal with any special care or needs she may have after they get her and later on. They were really just wanting a pet. I am keeping my fingers crossed on them but i have a couple other families interested in her also. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by