Crafters- What are you making???

Quote:
I agree! I think it's great
smile.png

Me too! Can't tell that any seams are off. I think you are just doing what we all do. When it's our own work we are much more critical!

I've got the lapquilt topper I've been working on finished! It looks better in person. Plus, I'm more partial to "real" cross stitch - this was a stamped design. These are the best pictures I could get of it. It has 9 different, large butterflies with bits of ivy between them. Around the edge are the names of the butterflies. I'm trying to decide if I want to machine or hand quilt it. I haven't tried hand quilting, so I'm afraid it will look awful. What color should the back fabric be? Sister says green, mother says yellow.

6809_butterfly_top.jpg

6809_butterfly_closeup.jpg

Last edited:
Love the butterflies....I have been making a few "play" pillowcase dresses for my girls to run around in and be cool here at the house so easy and too cute and they are big gals too the 8 yr old wears a 7/8 and the 9 yr old wears a 14/16. You mostly see them for toddlers but for the older daughter I sewed 2 together and added some matching fabric at the bottom but a regular pillowcase still works for the younger daughter. Also made a couple of shirts for me the same premise as the pillowcase dresses for around the house staying cool out of leftover fabrics. Trying my hand at a rag quilt for the youngest daughter for maybe christmas.

greenfamilyfarms ~ I'd go strong green with yellow accents ~ maybe the corners in yellow, all edges in green. Or, ( hehehe, the fabriholic in me chuckles....) They DO have the perfect fabric for that quilt top at JoAnne's ~ yellow, blue, green & pink butterflies on a green background, and I think they have some with butterflies & fairies in those colors, as well........... ( always take the opportunity to get more fabric!) You have done Beautiful work!!!!
~Red

I finished this ladies summer top ~
IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

IMG_0357.JPG

I also tried my hand at a few amigurumi ~ mascots~ as the Japanese call them.

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

~Red

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom