I love quail too. For some reason mine doesn't lay. I just got some mature girls, I only had 1. My favorite is my boy named Cricket. He’s a golden Italian coturnix. He’s almost 10 months old and he is my best bud. He comes in the house and hangs out with me and watches tv with me sometimes. I love him!
9CB02A7F-AC34-4170-B515-E3576AD458EC.jpeg

I love quail too. For some reason mine doesn't lay. I just got some mature girls, I only had 1. My favorite is my boy named Cricket. He’s a golden Italian coturnix. He’s almost 10 months old and he is my best bud. He comes in the house and hangs out with me and watches tv with me sometimes. I love him! View attachment 2428998
he's so adorable! :love

Hi quail lovers! I have owned quail for 4 months but they have already made a place in my heart.
Here, feel free to share quail pictures, quail stories and every thing quail!

All quail species are welcome!
They are crazy but adorable little birds. My button quail arranges his little house, He picks up random things off the floor that he finds. It's almost like he is decorating... On Thanksgiving, I had a tight grip on him. He seemed as if he wasn't gonna fly away. Sure enough, the second I trusted him off he goes! Over the entire kitchen. He lands on the trashcan. As soon as I go to get him off he goes again. I caught him mid-air. It looked like he was flying in Slo-mo
IMG_20201130_013808.jpg

I too started during the first quarantine. for various reasons I was searching for ways to be more self-sufficient even though I live in an apartment. I watched a video about quails and the idea stuck in me. A few days later while walking I saw quails in a cage out side a shop in the most unexpected place! he only had babies still in the brooder. He gave me 3 in a cardboard box. I had a very very old small bird cage. I never had any birds and wouldn't dare touching them. I thought they would break!!. I was staring at them and couldn't stop thinking they look like dinosaurs 😂. After a few weeks 2 of them lost their spots and started chasing my only female. You can't imagine all my troubles until I finally made a big DIY cage at the balcony. I borrowed an incubator ( that's another story) IMG_20200512_170330.jpg first day at home IMG_20200608_204218.jpg My first couple

Attachments

• IMG_20200703_130639.jpg
    IMG_20200703_130639.jpg
    692.1 KB · Views: 4
I too started during the first quarantine. for various reasons I was searching for ways to be more self-sufficient even though I live in an apartment. I watched a video about quails and the idea stuck in me. A few days later while walking I saw quails in a cage out side a shop in the most unexpected place! he only had babies still in the brooder. He gave me 3 in a cardboard box. I had a very very old small bird cage. I never had any birds and wouldn't dare touching them. I thought they would break!!. I was staring at them and couldn't stop thinking they look like dinosaurs 😂. After a few weeks 2 of them lost their spots and started chasing my only female. You can't imagine all my troubles until I finally made a big DIY cage at the balcony. I borrowed an incubator ( that's another story)View attachment 2431255 first day at homeView attachment 2431256 My first couple
This is the male I didn't pick because he was very very wild and my female seamed more attached to the other who was always offering something. I swear he hated me. every time I entered the room he was hiding behind the lettuce and staring at me. Never took anything from my hand. Never eaten any treat. One day I saw him trying to give her a giant piece of lettuce between the mesh of the 2 cages. It was devastating. I went out and bought 2 more females so he could mate dut he was a disaster. He almost killed her. I gave him away to a friend and now he lives in a field with pigeons.

Attachments

• IMG_20200609_210035.jpg
    IMG_20200609_210035.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 3
This is the male I didn't pick because he was very very wild and my female seamed more attached to the other who was always offering something. I swear he hated me. every time I entered the room he was hiding behind the lettuce and staring at me. Never took anything from my hand. Never eaten any treat. One day I saw him trying to give her a giant piece of lettuce between the mesh of the 2 cages. It was devastating. I went out and bought 2 more females so he could mate dut he was a disaster. He almost killed her. I gave him away to a friend and now he lives in a field with pigeons.
I send 2 more females and one male a few weeks ago. It's my wild birds dumpster field/ aviary 🤣. thank god I have a friend with an aviary who won't mind having them because I can't find the courage to cull them. They are so cute 😍. I've never tasted quail.

Back
Top Bottom