Crazy easy way to make hard boiled eggs

ILoveJoe - ? I dunno know. Maybe it doesn't work coming directly from the uh, butt?
tongue.png
big_smile.png
I really don't know. Maybe there needs to be more of a temp. shock? I didn't use ice water either - just a cold water rinse. The egg salad looked delicious though.

I am in a state of serious shock right now. My deviled eggs don't have to hide anymore!!!

ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

I wonder if you have told this miraculous Hubby what an amazing stir his method has created here? I hope you have at the very least hugged the stuffing out of him?

I am eating the most lovely egg salad right now because of his little 'miracle'

Hug him good for me!!

piedpiper - he knows. I showed him the thread. He's playing all cool "well, how else would you do it?" But I'll give him extra hugs.
smile.png

Well give him one for me too!!! I'm telling ya - I tossed 2 dozen eggs (well, the dogs got them) at Thanksgiving because I couldn't peel them and was too embarassed to serve them. This is the ONLY way I'll do them from now on!! Oh - and a big hug for you too for posting it!!!
hugs.gif

Julia Child said to boil for 17 minutes and then immerse in ice water. The only difference between her method and what's been described here is she started the eggs out in the water from cold and brought the water to the boil. So, combining both methods, I'd put them into boiling water for 17 minutes and then immerse. I'll test it out tomorrow!

I tried this today and....... it worked!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

The eggs were from yesterday except one from this morning. The only one that I had a problem with was the one from this morning. It had a couple little tears, but all the rest popped out like magic.

The only thing I did different was to boil a minute or two longer. I'm so happy it worked.

The Julia Child method has you bring the eggs to a boil from cold water, then cover them and REMOVE the eggs from the heat and allow to sit for 17 minutes exactly, then plunge into ice water for two minutes while bringing the water back to the boil, then putting the eggs back into the boiling water for 30 seconds, then back into the ice water. Whew. The cold/hot shrinks the eggs from the shell, and the timing is to prevent gray yolks.

I have been doing this and it works pretty well.

Melinda Lee brings her cold water and eggs up to a boil and lets them boil for exactly eleven minutes to avoid the gray yolk.

Chickensista's system is so much easier! I'm trying it tomorrow.

Well give him one for me too!!! I'm telling ya - I tossed 2 dozen eggs (well, the dogs got them) at Thanksgiving because I couldn't peel them and was too embarassed to serve them. This is the ONLY way I'll do them from now on!! Oh - and a big hug for you too for posting it!!!

LilRalphieroosmamma - The dogs must have been so happy on T-day! I know what you mean about being embarrassed. Tomorrow I get to serve beautiful deviled eggs to guests.
celebrate.gif

Group hug!
hugs.gif

Whoot-Whoot! Your DH is WONDERFUL!!!!!

I have sent my DH to the store to purchase eggs (hangs head in shame) in order to make deviled eggs that looked presentable! We have tried soooo many ways to prepare the eggs, but failed miserably when trying to peel them.

I shared your thread with my DH and he smiled from ear to ear. Never did seem right having to go to the store to buy eggs when we raise chickens in the barn. Anyway, now we will have fresh, great deviled eggs from our own girls!

Hugs to your DH from all of us!

Quote:
I usually have to boil mine for at least 20 minutes , if not I get runny , sticky yolks .
hu.gif

I suspect the altitude has something to do with the length of time things have to be boiled. It takes forever to cook beans in Mexico City because of the altitude.

Rufus

Last edited:
Oh, I am SO boiling eggs tomorrow!! I can't tell you how many eggs I've ground into the counter because they wouldn't peel! That's just one of those things that really sets me right off!

I'll report in after I've tried it.

WOW!! Works Great!!! I thought I'd tried everything.

Thank you so much!

I agree this should remain at the top of the posts.

Thanks again - off now to enjoy our beautiful deviled eggs YAY!!

Back
Top Bottom