Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Recently crossed my Green Fire Farm Cream Legbar hen with my Buff Brahama roo and was pleasantly surprised to see that the autosexing trait of the CL was passed on to the next generation. My goal with this cross was to have a blue egg layer with more fluff for the brutal Connecticut winters. Mission accomplished. Of the three that hatched, the cockerel looks the most like a CL but with feathered shanks and if course the autosexing white spot on his head and the two pullets, right now, look like they have Buff Brahama color. So it will be interesting to see how they feather out and what color their eggs will be.

what you have there is a Sexlinked Cross, males will be Barred and females will not be barred, and as to why the look mostly Cl. well you see the e+ wildtype e allele is dominant over eb(Buff Brahma) so the cross is e+/eb thats why they look mostly CL in nature

the male will look barred columbian mostly and females will look buff columbian

you know the drill read my sig..LOL

Last edited:
the two pullets look almost identical.

That's interesting! I have a bunch of Pita Pinta/Cream Legbar chicks running around. They have been hatching black with some yellow but growing into black chicks with some brown. Pita Pintas are mottled and now I know why the chicks aren't. The oldest ones I have are 7 weeks so I don't know what they will look like fully grown. I do have a few that are crested!
Hi Debi!

Pita Pintas are described as having painted feathers. It that the same as Mottled?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom