Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Pics
I have some update pics of my Pullets. CLxSLC. They are 15 weeks old.
I really like this cross. Nice job on the pictures. When i look at the picture of the one with the black tips on her chest it makes me wonder about our pure ccl that get black tips. A laced bird bred to a non laced bird will give you that incomplete lacing until the next generation when u breed back to a laced bird. It makes me wonder why incomplete lacing looks so much like the barring issues which is what the black tips are said to be on the pure ccl. I wonder if your pic is showing incomplete lacing or the barring. after looking at it more it looks like the wings have complete lacing and the chest is showing barring issues

Last edited:
I purchased CCL directly from GFF and about 4 out of 15 of the females head faint head spots.  All of the ones that had head spots grew up to have very nice silver crests.  The ones without the head spots grew up to have black or brown crests, with the exception of 2 of them that don't have any crests at all.  The 2 without the crests are the most gentle pullets.  The silver crests tend to be flighty, noisy, and very unfriendly.

I am interested in knowing if the birds in question of this conversation grow up to have the same look and temper as the ones I have.  Please keep me informed as they grow.

I think this is very interesting that the females with the head spot had the correct colored crest. Maybe this is why hotspot is included for females in the British Sop

Here is my other boy. I wonder if a cross with him would come out the same as the first one?? Or should I cross these CCL/GLW pullets back with this one?

My dogs killed this rooster :hit and my $90 beautiful Splash Isbar hen at POL that I JUST bought. They have found new homes. That was just the last straw.

My dogs killed this rooster
hit.gif
and my $90 beautiful Splash Isbar hen at POL that I JUST bought. They have found new homes. That was just the last straw.
My condolences. I would be way beyond upset with that situation. You are very kind in rehoming the dogs.

I came very close to having to shoot two dogs that belonged to a distant neighbor. I looked out my back slider and saw these two 100+ pound dogs desperately trying to get through my electric netting to my chickens. Fortunately, when I came out the door one left. I convinced the other to come to me whereupon I read the dog tags and telephone numbers.. It turned out that the owners were out of the country and a house/dog sitter had lost control of them. I would truly hate to harm another animal needlessly but I cannot allow another animal to harm my animals and investments.

Back
Top Bottom