Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Pics
Oh poor chicks. When you say under nourished what do you mean exactly? Where they not feed well or at all   previously? Or is it possible that these chicks are sick and just not eating? I ask because if it happens that they are sick the possibility of them transmitting the disease to your existing flock is highly likely. Do you personally know the source of the chicks or are they craigslist or something? Sorry for all the   questions.
These chicks will devour chick starter. They were being fed sprouted barley mainly and they could not get what they needed from it though they were eating it also were not being kept warm enough especially with our weather and their diet. Thanks for your thinking of my flock! I plan to isolate them anyway as they seem exposed to all kinds of things and rather not risk it as much as possible. They are avid eaters though! I personally know the source the owner underwent serious surgery and hasn't been able to care for her flock personally and has lost a lot of birds due to miscommunication with helpers filling in on care. So I told her I'd take these six home and get them back healthy if I can.

Last edited:
Here's my Cream Legbar x Barred Rock and Cream Legbar x Russian Orloff chicks.

Daddy

Orloff with Barred Rock partial.

The chicks look very similar to what their mothers did, but with more cream around the eyes and chin.This pic is from April of the Orloff and Barred Rock.

Last edited:
Very nice!! And welcome to BYC and the hybrid thread.
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
you cant Autosex or sexlinked Wheaten Based chicks, Delawares are proof of that.. and some e+/eWh chicks do come out looking like pure wheaten, why? its the weird nature of wheaten that has eluded our genetic understanding for years, and on the same batch you will have chicks looking like pure wildtype..

Quote:
why is he darker than your average CL? thats two folds, first because he is now only heterozygous cream Ig+/ig and Heterozygous for the sex linked Barring gene(B/b+) which does not dilute the birds color like homozygous B/B males look(true CL, are homozygous)

while not Legbar my own wildtype hen produce this chicks when breed to ER/eWh rooster, as you can see 2 chicks of this cross hatch looking wiltype(one more than the other) and a very yellow looking one(e+/eWh) and a ER/e+ chick

feeb3e22_wildtypeWheatenchicks4.jpeg

6ecd044f_wildtypeWheatenchicks5.jpeg

No updated pics today but wanted to update that it appears I think that of the 6 CCL/GLW chicks I have there are 3 males and 3 females (judging by the appearance of pinking/obvious waddles in only 3 of them). And of the 6 I think I have one of each gender who got a straight comb rather than rose comb. And if I remember right there are 2 female and 1 male that got the crest. The one that had the light brown headspot appears to be a male and has a lighter coloring overall with different patterning. The one straight comb male has a beautiful salmon breast while the others have a dark combo of lacing and barring. Very interesting outcomes :) When it isn't a freezing ice storm I will try to get pics! And - they are very sweet and not shy. They like to come climb into my hand for a ride and to be loved on.

No updated pics today but wanted to update that it appears I think that of the 6 CCL/GLW chicks I have there are 3 males and 3 females (judging by the appearance of pinking/obvious waddles in only 3 of them). And of the 6 I think I have one of each gender who got a straight comb rather than rose comb. And if I remember right there are 2 female and 1 male that got the crest. The one that had the light brown headspot appears to be a male and has a lighter coloring overall with different patterning. The one straight comb male has a beautiful salmon breast while the others have a dark combo of lacing and barring. Very interesting outcomes
smile.png
When it isn't a freezing ice storm I will try to get pics! And - they are very sweet and not shy. They like to come climb into my hand for a ride and to be loved on.
Cant wait to see them. It did seem a little too lucky to get 6 pullets(though that would have been fantastic for you). How old are they again?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom