Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Pics
My 2 girls are getting more lovely everyday. I really think I want just a whole flock of this cross lol. I have yet to think of a name to call this cross I want to think of something clever rto call them. Id like to think of names specifically for each of them also but have yet to have anything come to mind. Here are a few from just the other day
Not remembering right now - were these CCLxGLW also? They look just like my babies but bigger :D Are yours really curious and attention seeking?

They are CL x SL Cochin. They are sexlink. These 2 tend to keep to themselves they are always at each others hips and go everywhere together even though they have other chickens they were raised with. They are a little stand offish they come close to get food and treats but they always stay just out of reach lol.

My 2 girls are getting more lovely everyday. I really think I want just a whole flock of this cross lol. I have yet to think of a name to call this cross I want to think of something clever rto call them. Id like to think of names specifically for each of them also but have yet to have anything come to mind.

Here are a few from just the other day

They are beautiful! The real trick would be getting them to breed true.

I love how the cross to silver laced Cochin gets those wings that look laced on an otherwise ccl looking bird ,

I have updated pics on my CCL cross to my Cochin's. Nicalandia has been right so far about a CCL x to a breed that carries silver will produce sex links. The black chicks i was getting from my cross have all turned out to resemble the Cochin moms but with CCL form. The tan and Grey ones with a chipmunk stripe are looking more and more like CCL as they get older but so far seem to have more of the Cochin form. The form part of it is strange but its also its kinda strange that they are not more of a mix of colors. Depending on the chick down they either turn out Cochin or CCL looking. this first pic has the boy and girl who were chipmunk striped with Grey and tan chick down and the black one had the all black chick down. the mom is behind them , a hatchery quality Barred Cochin. Also the white bird is a pullet from the CCL x RIW cross

girl

boy

The all black black chick down roo has allot more color now. He has been getting red leakage in his neck . the neck hackles are getting some beetle green sheen feathers that have red edges to them and the gold in them is really coppery in the sun. with his saddle hackle color being more gold. His sickle feathers and saddle hackles are very thin or narrow which i always thought it was kinda strange.

Last edited:
Heres the RIW x CCL . The all white boys with some red leakage coming in and the pullet who looks allot like an amber link. She has a nice light creamy gold neck with that dark amber color coming in where the CCL cream hens typically show some gold.

Back
Top Bottom