Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Pics
Wow. I wonder if the white pullet's neck color is any indication of what cream (gold inhibitor) looks like without black striping, and if it's an indication of one or two ig genes. Hey Marvin!
By the way she is very striking.

Wow. I wonder if the white pullet's neck color is any indication of what cream (gold inhibitor) looks like without black striping, and if it's an indication of one or two ig genes. Hey Marvin!
By the way she is very striking.
Marvin enquiring minds want to know.

I am not Marvin but the birds carry dominant white- the area would normally be black mixed with a variation of red produced by the gold allele but the dominant white gene is diluting the black to white.

The barring is not expressed because there is no black to contrast the white bar. Barring does not show very well on a red back ground color.Also the E locus of the RIw is dominant over the wild type allele found in the CL therefore a darker bird ( imagine the white is black).

Tim

Last edited:
I am not Marvin but the birds carry dominant white- the area would normally be black mixed with a variation of red produced by the gold allele but the dominant white gene is diluting the black to white.

Tim
Thanks Tim, I was about to say that, but I was hesitant as I believe RIW(Rhode Island White) are based on recessive white instead,

But this RIW are based on Dominant white it seems, the males are too white(white tails, wings) to be anything other than dominant white, the Female looks like a white wildtype female(Salmon Breast)...

This Female is gold based everything about her tells me this, so I wonder if the RIW bird you use was a male or female, because if it was a Male, then thats a RIW bird based on gold which is very very strange.. I wonder if the bird you belive is RIW is another breed?

This Female is gold based everything about her tells me this, so I wonder if the RIW bird you use was a male or female, because if it was a Male, then thats a RIW bird based on gold which is very very strange.. I wonder if the bird you belive is RIW is another breed?

Its a production riw hen i used with my dark barred ccl roo. She has a straight comb but impretty positive she not dominant white. I have successfully made golden sex links with my Rhode Island Red Rooster and these Rhode Island white hens. I had 8 golden sex link males running around but they're all gone now. Heres one of the golden sex link hens. The pullets were redish as chicks and males white/yellow. So i dont think she can be dominant white and still produce sex links with my Rhode Island Red Roo

Last edited:
Thanks Tim, I was about to say that, but I was hesitant as I believe RIW(Rhode Island White) are based on recessive white instead,

But this RIW are based on Dominant white it seems, the males are too white(white tails, wings) to be anything other than dominant white, the Female looks like a  white wildtype female(Salmon Breast)...
its really hard to tell in the pics but the males are slowly getting red feathers in their backs and wings. One has a gold feather in its crest. But just like the golden sex link males they stay white up till they start fully maturing to start getting red shoulder patches

Last edited:
Its a production riw hen i used with my dark barred ccl roo. She has a straight comb but impretty positive she not dominant white. I have successfully made golden sex links with my Rhode Island Red Rooster and these Rhode Island white hens. I had 8 golden sex link males running around but they're all gone now. Heres one of the golden sex link hens. The pullets were redish as chicks and males white/yellow. So i dont think she can be dominant white and still produce sex links with my Rhode Island Red Roo

Rhode island white are dominant white. Dominant white only inhibits the black pigment production and not the red. The tails of your sex links were white because of the dominant white gene. Dominant white is typically found in red sex linked crosses. It clears the backs of the non-wheaten chicks so the red can show in the females.

Tim

Rhode island white are dominant white. Dominant white only inhibits the black pigment production and not the red. The tails of your sex links were white because of the dominant white gene. Dominant white is typically found in red sex linked crosses. It clears the backs of the non-wheaten chicks so the red can show in the females. 

Tim
thanks so much. That makes since. I breed my lavender ameraucana roo to my rhode island white hens and those had black feathers here and there. I wonder why. Should all black be void or just in the tails and wings.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom