Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HaplessRunner, Sep 18, 2013.

1. texas75563

texas75563 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2012
    Linden, Texas
    Quote:Sorry to be the Bearer of Bad news.. but that bielefelder is not a pure bielefelder.. his offsprings are the proof of that.. first because one of his Males shows only one copy of the barring gene(he got it from his CL mother) and the fact that you cross it to a Black sexlinked you got black chicks without the headspot.. that right there means one of the chicks lacked a barring gene(they could only get it from father because the mother had no barring to give)..[/ [​IMG] This is 1 of the 2 bieleffelder roosters used. Best I can say bielefelder roos and hens were chicks that came from greenfirefarms.

2. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    I got my first egg from one of my CLxSLW hybrid today She is roughly 28weeks old

[​IMG][​IMG]

And her egg
    It is meduim sized and brown. I was hoping it would be green.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  3. chicken pickin

Mar 3, 2012
    Has anyone elses CL hybrids started laying yet? If so what color egg are you getting?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  4. farmhand

farmhand Chillin' With My Peeps

My pure CL just started laying this week. She was hatched late spring 2013.

5. normanack

normanack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    My CL x Polish lays a very pale blue to blue-green egg.
    The CL x Dark Cornish mix lays a medium olive egg.
    The CL x Easter Egger lays blue-green to green eggs.

6. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    Light olive color on the one so far. The bloom on it in the sun gives it a golden sheen look

7. HaplessRunner

HaplessRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    Finally got some pictures of my CLB hybrids. To jog your memories, here are the parents of the three CLBxEE crosses:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here are the sons of this cross. So far she has only produced cockerels.

CLBxEE Cockerel #1

This boy was hatched on September 7th and physically, he is as large or larger than his father now. You can definitely see some cream coming out in his hackle and saddle feathers. He has white legs and a comb that is not a pea comb nor is it a high rising CLB comb. His barring across chest appears to be consistent.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

CLBxEE Cockerel #2

He was hatched on October 12. He has a similar comb and white legs like #1 above. His barring is broken and inconsistent across the chest and you can see cream starting to come out in his saddle and hackle feathers.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CLBxEE Cockerel #3

He was hatched on October 12. He has a similar comb to the other two CLBxEEs. Unlike the other two, he has yellow legs with significantly more cream coming out in his feathering. His barring is broken and inconsistent with white stripe down the center of his chest. He also is showing more dominance and is more standoffish. He is already trying to breed the immature females around him.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

All three cockerels have the classic CLB tail shape and very good tail angles.

CLBxRIR Pullets:

The father of these pullets is the CLB cockerel pictured above. They were hatched on September 7th. THe one on the left is non-crested and the one on the right is crested. If you peruse the pictures, you will note that both pullets have the same color distribution patterns of CLB hens; just with red overlayed. You can see some hackle striping, the clear color on the chest, and barring starting at the wing bows proceeding back through the tail. The tail ends with the darker RIR tail feathers. As you can see both of these pullets are reddening in the face and their combs and wattles are growing. So POL is not too far away. It will be really interesting to see what egg colors come from this combination.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Looking at the crested pullet in the last pictures above, you would almost swear that you were looking at a CLB pullet with her type and stance - just a different color variety.

Comments and thoughts are invited!!!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  8. OHfarmerswife

OHfarmerswife Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    Troy, OH
    Just found this page...saw it listed by HaplessRunner.
    I have a CAL in with my laying flock, waiting for the pullets to mature in the grow out pen.
    Decided to hatch some eggs from the layers.
    I have some interesting mixes.
    Have noticed the chipmunk pattern & also the white dots on some of the others heads.
    They were just born today.
    I will go back to the beginning of the thread & read.

9. chicken pickin

Mar 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CLxSLW roosters

10. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    your CL must have been only heterozygous for the blue egg shell gene, where did you get him from?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by