Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HaplessRunner, Sep 18, 2013.

1. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    My cl eggs will change color ive even noticed it in my show quality ams, they will be blue then some greens then blue again. I dont think it has anything to do with the time of season its just how it goes

2. farmhand

farmhand Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not trying to be argumentative, in fact, I consider myself ignorant in this subject, but one hen laying several colors at different times is not what I have always heard. I'm open to new ideas.

3. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    The eggs can change color due to what they eat. Allot of people also think that eggs start losing their color towards the end of the laying season

4. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    Ive got nice blue eggs for weeks then all the sudden a greenish one and next lay its back to blue.

5. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    Orange and red foods are said to make the color of the eggs more saturated

6. texas75563

texas75563 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2012
    Linden, Texas
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/25/california-northern/37000 post #37001

She didn't give a name or link to place. At least not on that page. There are presently 56 more pages after that post.
    I found the information below. I have no idea if it is same place or not. It is in California.

https://www.facebook.com/ChickGenes

ChickGenes will soon be offering DNA identification of chickens carrying the blue egg trait.

7. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:I would cross that pullet back to Wyandotte and produce more Salmon Breast Gold Laced Wyandotte pullets, as you can see the e+/eWh pullets do show their salmon breast, and I have yet to see a Salmon breast Wandotte

8. HaplessRunner

HaplessRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  9. farmhand

farmhand Chillin' With My Peeps

Did any of your birds show sex-linked or auto sexing traits? I am thinking of breeding the same crosses this spring.

10. HaplessRunner

HaplessRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    Yes, If you look at the very first posting in this thread, I did a write up on what I believed may have been a transmission of autosexing traits. There are pictures there as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by