Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Pics
I got my first egg from one of my CLxSLW hybrid today She is roughly 28weeks old

And her egg
It is meduim sized and brown. I was hoping it would be green.

I just wanted to update this.

I jumped the gun on assuming my CL cross pullet laid this brown egg. I was wrong. I stayed outside all morning today to watch this coop to try to find out who is laying what. Well Im so happy to share that the olny chicken to go in the coop and use the nest box was a "olive egger"pullet she stayed in the box for over and hour and when she came out this brown egg is what I found. YAY!

Which means the green egg I found a few days ago belongs to one of my CL cross pullets
celebrate.gif
Im so excited.

I just wanted to update this.

I jumped the gun on assuming my CL cross pullet laid this brown egg. I was wrong. I stayed outside all morning today to watch this coop to try to find out who is laying what. Well Im so happy to share that the olny chicken to go in the coop and use the nest box was a "olive egger"pullet she stayed in the box for over and hour and when she came out this brown egg is what I found. YAY!

Which means the green egg I found a few days ago belongs to one of my CL cross pullets
celebrate.gif
Im so excited.
That is good news!

That is good news!

It definitely is good news! Ive been worried that maybe my CL rooster wasn't carrying 2 blue egg genes. Now that I have this brown egg sorted out I feel back on track with my CLs. I was pretty stressed out, but now I am back to being so excited about working with my CLs this Spring.

It definitely is good news! Ive been worried that maybe my CL rooster wasn't carrying 2 blue egg genes. Now that I have this brown egg sorted out I feel back on track with my CLs. I was pretty stressed out, but now I am back to being so excited about working with my CLs this Spring.

Congratulations! I definitely can understand your feelings. And the excitement over the first green egg. Please post a picture of the egg and take an OAC reading of the color. It will be interesting to compare notes on the colors versus the hybrid that produced the colors. My CLBxRIR pullets have produced OAC 60, a light creamy green color.

Here’s my CL x RIR. I’m calling it “MyPrismatic Creamsteen Matebar CLegger Blue/Green Prism Muddle Hybrid Mongrel Muttbar” Am I the only one who thinks that’s a great name or what?

that is going to be a very nice looking chicken! I think it will have a nice crest too.

Back
Top Bottom