Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Pics
Quote:
LL

white ccl

Cute chick! What is a sport?

A white sport happens periodically with cream legbars. Many of us have had a hatch with properly colored cream legbar parents producing a pure white cream legbar chick. I have a cockerel white sport that was hatched on October 12. Speculation is that it is a combination of two recessive genes that cause this but I am no genetics expert. Check out this thread for more info:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/827877/white-sport-cream-legbars

Last edited:
Is this CL x Black Copper Marans?
I miscalculated and was not ready for the hatch so the chicks did not get divided. It could be;
-Cream Legbar over Black Copper Marans
-Splash Marans over Blue Marans
-Splash Marans over Black Marans
-Splash Marans over EE
I have 6 splash chicks in the crowd. Could the CL over BCM go splash?

Quote:
you guys seem to forget very easily the basics of such simple cross like the one we have in our hands here... its rather a simple Silver/Gold Sex-Linked cross, mother is Silver Partridge based on eb/eb S/- and both Possible fathers are both gold wildtype, the only difference between both possible fathers is that one has recessive white whic infact should NOT make any difference on the final outcome of the chick... This chick is a e+/eb S/s+ Male, and since Silver is COMPLETELY dominant on chick down(that changes to incompletely dominant once they mature) this chick appears to be very chipmunk like, hes complete genome will be e+/eb B/b+ S/s+ and either C+/c or C+/C+(depending on father) his complete phenotype will be of a single barred Golden Crele male

So I am starting to plan out who I am separating for spring eggs. I have a Creme Lebar female that I was thinking about throwing into my Red Dorking pen just to see what would happen with the chicks. would they be sexlinked at all?

Does this really answer her question or does she have to be a genetic wiz to understand.
Quote:
you guys seem to forget very easily the basics of such simple cross like the one we have in our hands here... its rather a simple Silver/Gold Sex-Linked cross, mother is Silver Partridge based on eb/eb S/- and both Possible fathers are both gold wildtype, the only difference between both possible fathers is that one has recessive white whic infact should NOT make any difference on the final outcome of the chick... This chick is a e+/eb S/s+ Male, and since Silver is COMPLETELY dominant on chick down(that changes to incompletely dominant once they mature) this chick appears to be very chipmunk like, hes complete genome will be e+/eb B/b+ S/s+ and either C+/c or C+/C+(depending on father) his complete phenotype will be of a single barred Golden Crele male

Quote:
Tim Adkerson did an exceptional job on the Sex Linked Thread... https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/261208/sex-linked-information but I will give it a try.. e+/eWh look very much like wildtype, in this case the chick in question is a Silver looking wildytpe(so a male on this Sex Linked cross) S/s+ is Golden but since Silver is completely dominant even with one copy of it, the the males will look Silver indeed.. B/b+ sexlinked Barring from father, had any pullets hatch, they would also be sexlinked Barred C+/c... this is heterozygous Recessive white, since recessive white needs two copies(c/c) one copy would not make any difference in the outcome of the chick down color at this stage so in simple terms, this is a Simple Gold x Silver Sexlinked cross, where the gold comes from either sires and the Silver comes from the Silver partridge EE hen..

Back
Top Bottom