Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HaplessRunner, Sep 18, 2013.

1. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:yes, it would be a simple sex linked barring sex linked cross.. Red Dorking male x CC Female will produce none barred females and single barred maels.. the males will display a small headspot on their wildtype chick down, would look kind of cool as Red Dorkings are Red enhanced,

2. HaplessRunner

HaplessRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    As I understand it, and someone can correct me, if you use a unbarred rooster over a barred hen (cream legbar) then you should get sex links. Here is a great link on creating sex links and even better, understandable discussion.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/261208/sex-linked-information

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  3. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    And the only diffrence is one of the possible fathers is recessive white????

Wouldnt both the possible fathers carry recessive white. After all the regular cl male produced the white sport

4. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:I think it does... but just in case.. the chick its a Male with one copy of Silver and one copy of gold, but for now it will look Silver but when adult it will look Golden(yellow/Lemon color on the hackle and saddle)

5. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:well I didnt know that the normal looking CL was the father, but in any case as you can see one copy of recessive white does not alter any chick down or adult color

6. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    Well i thought the father was the sport. Thats what she asked was if we thought he was the father

7. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm

8. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:in any case heterozygous recessive white does not change the chick down, thats why alot of poeple get surpice when they hatch a few whites because there was not indication on the parents chick or adult coloration

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

10. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:I am not Steen but I am sure he wont mind me jumping in... First, No CL female has ever looked like that, so I can tell you 100% that thats not a CL female. anybody that has ever hatch CL either from GFF or from the UK have ever hatch a chick like that... second whats to know about the white CL "Sport"? everything about recessive white has been documented and its a well known and documented gene...., any crosses made with this so called sports have produce normal looking cream legbars(if crossed to normal looking legbars) but WHY? its simple the recessive white gene needs to have two copies for it to show, with only one copy any cross made to CL or other breed will produce normal colored chicks and adults... Edit the recessive white cream legbars are not some mystery unknown magic breed of chickens, infact they just started to pop out of normal looking cream legbars, what does this tell you? that there is no difference between normal looking cream legbars and cream legbars carrying only one copy of the recessive white gene, so no, you will not be able to tell them apart at chics, and recessive white legbars can be sexed at hatch, they are still autosexable..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by