Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HaplessRunner, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Did you notice the coloring in the pullets I posted? on the woodpile? are they not a lighter color than most? I keep seeing all color ranges in these CCL, I have a darker one and brighter one and the rest are fairly light in color. I am not understanding the standards though I read one thing here and another there! lol who do you trust eh? and which country? HA!

2. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    Head stripe equals girl. No head spot equals girl. Cl male bred to a silver hen like smart eagle will produce sex links. There would be a heas spot if its a male.and the head stripe will lose definition

3. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    I think those lighter ones will be cream and not gold looking

4. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:what makes you think its a Female? the chick clearly has Silver chipmink chick down, both sires are gold based, the chick is not gold at all and one copy of cream Ig+/ig and one copy of recessive white C+/c wont turn a Gold chipmunk down into Silver chick down.. again what tells you its a female..?

5. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:correct and they are also double barred, making homozygous cream ig/ig and B/B lighten the Male chick down color... the chick in question is neither homozygous cream nor homozygous Barred, But it has Silver from its mother wich is the ONLY thing need it to lighten and Dilute the color from brown to Silver...

6. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    Ive already said why. Theres no head spot. Theres a well defined head stripe with that equals a girl.

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

8. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm

Lol

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

10. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    I have to agree with nicalandia. Looking at the parent cross and then seeing the chick I do think it is a male.

If you look at my chicks below the headspot is very faint almost not there an both male and female. For this sexlink cross the best indicator is the down color. SIlver/yellowish being male and reddish/brown being female.

To me Sallys chick looks male

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by