Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Pics
Quote:
what makes you think its a Female? the chick clearly has Silver chipmink chick down, both sires are gold based, the chick is not gold at all and one copy of cream Ig+/ig and one copy of recessive white C+/c wont turn a Gold chipmunk down into Silver chick down..
You said all it takes is the one copy of silver from the mom to change it to silver chick down

I forgot your cross only changed the color on the sides of the head. Im still going with female
I have to agree with nicalandia. Looking at the parent cross and then seeing the chick I do think it is a male. If you look at my chicks below the headspot is very faint almost not there an both male and female. For this sexlink cross the best indicator is the down color. SIlver/yellowish being male and reddish/brown being female. To me Sallys chick looks male

Last edited:
Quote:
it has been documented on this very same thread that e+/eb S/s+ B/b+ males lack a headspot(or is very Faint like in this case) AND have a well defined headstripes Why? I would guess the e+/eb could interfere on the headspot expression and remember they only have one copy so the headspot will not as big and will not alter the chick's headstrip.. Also dont forget about the Celarly SILVER chick down, I dont know why you not seeing this? its the first thing that POPS out when you look at the chik... WOW that chick is whitish/Silver... no females from that cross will produce SILVER chicks... and here is the documented cross on this subject. CL x Silver Laced breeds.. which are sexlinks
Quote:

last and final pic until next Sunday... This whole Sport thing has me so darn confused but thanks for sticking with me!

I bred my cl to a silver based hen. The whole silver for males goldish for females worked on half of them. The silver tan ones. The male had a head spot female didnt though.

The other half was black with silver and the male had well defined headspot female had a light one. But there was no redish brown to the girl at all. Although i know the findings are correct on your cross they didnt hold true on mine.

I wont blanket every cross with those findings. I dont think every cross responds the same when bred to a silver.

Quote:
thats right, and the only chicks getting the Sexlinked Silver from the mother is the male chicks, the pullets can only get the Gold and since they woul also be Ig+/ig(heterozygous cream) that would make any females from this cross Gold looing..

Back
Top Bottom