Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HaplessRunner, Sep 18, 2013.

1. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    It was a barred cochin whos not extended black. I dont see the black and silver ones on the view all pics. Ill look on the comp later. But the female i have from the cross still is silver and black no gold yet

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:its the same thing, Extended black, cream undercolor is not indication of cream or silver

3. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
  4. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:Barred cochins are Extended black at the e locus

5. chicken pickin

Mar 3, 2012

6. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. chicken pickin

Mar 3, 2012
    They are really pretty. She looks like a CL and he looks Barred Cochin. Do all your male and females of this cross look the same?

8. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:thas is correct, you CANT use Extended Black to create Gold/Silver Sexlinks... just take a look a the Black Sexlinks, The females are Gold Extended black nonbarred yet they still show cream/silver underdown on their chick down, so this clearly cant be used as proove of the Silver x Gold is not 100% accurate as steen may believe on... here a few pics of the Black Sexlinks as chick, I know that when they mature they will show their red/gold coloration they get from their RIR father... here a Sexlink pullets, on the second pic you can see she is starting to show some of her gold feathers on her breasts(thanks to columbian from RIR father) BUT.. you can still see the white/cream down she stillhas on her throat.. so as I said earlier extended black either E/e+ or E/eWh or E/eb cant be use as gold/silver sexlinks
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tabatha_westcott [​IMG]

I'm so excited! Nobody ever wants to see pics of my black-sex-link! (She's not the cutest chicken...) lol They get better as they grow... This is Star.. My fav hen
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  9. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
  10. pysankigirl

pysankigirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    Virginia
    Thanks guys for the answer about my proposed CCL Dorking cross.
    I am honestly not trying for anything in particular as I am not a breeder, except for more chickens that lay the blue eggs, in case I lose her to the dreaded fox. (Don't want all my blue eggs in one basket, as it were. the egg custormers LOVE them) but it would be cool to know which were the boys and get rid of them before I get attached. I have way too many boys currently anyway, but I have named them all...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by