Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HaplessRunner, Sep 18, 2013.

1. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Barred cochin drawing showing extended black chick down.. http://www.efowl.com//v/vspfiles/photos/2323-2T.jpg This chick looks Too Silver to be a gold based pullet(from CL dad) and also we can see a Fait headspot too,

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  2. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    their both females. Shes almost at pol which is why shes red and comb and wattles are the same size as my cochin hens. Males wattles and combs are much much bigger and are the size of this girls around 6 to 8 weeks of age [​IMG][​IMG]

3. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    I got a male and female of both color varietys two looked cl a male and a female. And two looked cochin color a male and a female

4. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:as I said previously one is Extended Black the other look wildtype, my best guest would be that the Barred cochins was hidding the wildtype e+ allele or eb allele , which is not really hard to hide, it can be generations ago that it was introduced and probably never seen again untill crossed to a pure wildtype e+/e+ bird, it happens when introducing new colors,
    Quote:the one on the left is e+/e+ or even e+/eb and the one on the right is E/e+ which is almost impossible to Distinguish between E/E Thats why your Gold/Silver Sex link cross didnt provide you with 100% results, the other 50% were Extended black chicks, which as I mentioned before, would not work as gold/Silver sexlink cross

5. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    Oh interesting. I thought the barred one looked like a male sorry. They are very pretty though.

Do you plan to mate the like siblings to each other to see what you get?

6. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm

7. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    I was going to but i have to much on my plate already i think

8. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:If I was steen I would cross that Pullet back to the Cochin to produce autosexing cochins

9. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    Really. That would work? unfortunately I don't have a barred cochin male anymore. Hawks falcons or coyotes got both my males

10. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:Yes it would work, you have the genes for it, thats why you have a pullet that looks like a CL.. now do you have the Cochin Female used on the CL roo x Barred Cochin cross?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by