Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Pics
Quote:
Thanks, this pic is much clearer, this chick clearly show a Silver chick down and you can see a Faint headspot too, I believe its a male, but I wont bet on it till he grows out

My hen from my silver cross is black and silver if she gets any gold it will be when she matures . The male who was also silver upon maturing got gold hackles and saddles with red leakage threwout. I dont think your theory holds true on every cross.
Quote:
thats right, and the only chicks getting the Sexlinked Silver from the mother is the male chicks, the pullets can only get the Gold and since they woul also be Ig+/ig(heterozygous cream) that would make any females from this cross Gold looing..

Last edited:
My hen from my silver cross is black and silver if she gets any gold it will be when she matures . The male who was also silver upon maturing got gold hackles and saddles with red leakage threwout. I dont think your theory holds true on every cross.

Do you have pics of your chicks?

What was your specific cross again?

Last edited:
Quote:
did you do the same e+/e+ s+/s+ vs eb/eb S/- cross? or did you use Birchen ER or Extended black birds crossed to your CL? I ask this because even on het form the Barring gene will show on Extended black and ER chick down, and the black/cream pattern on these type of chick down is not affected by silver or gold, so you can have a penguin ER chick down based on gold or silver and both will look the same..

I think I know what your all saying.....

And she will prove to all of us in a few weeks what is going on with her/him/it, life is simply fascinating!

She is cute ain't she!!
lau.gif
bun.gif
I think I will name her "Vague"
bun.gif

There all on here. On the right it shows recent pics. Click see all and you will find them. 2 were silver and tan. I do remember the female being more goldish. The other two were black looking just like cochins. One male one female. Theres no diffrence in how they look untill the matured. Other than a well defined head spot on male and a light head spot on female
Do you have pics of your chicks?

What was your specific cross again?

Last edited:
Quote:
it works different on Extended black chick down, I think you did such a cross and it was CL x Black Cochin right? in that case the cream under down is no indication of silver or cream its just the way Extended black works

Back
Top Bottom