Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HaplessRunner, Sep 18, 2013.

1. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:Thanks, this pic is much clearer, this chick clearly show a Silver chick down and you can see a Faint headspot too, I believe its a male, but I wont bet on it till he grows out

2. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    My hen from my silver cross is black and silver if she gets any gold it will be when she matures . The male who was also silver upon maturing got gold hackles and saddles with red leakage threwout. I dont think your theory holds true on every cross.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  3. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    Do you have pics of your chicks?

What was your specific cross again?

4. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    I even remember you saying i wouldnt know if my males carrys silver or gold untill he matures

5. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:did you do the same e+/e+ s+/s+ vs eb/eb S/- cross? or did you use Birchen ER or Extended black birds crossed to your CL? I ask this because even on het form the Barring gene will show on Extended black and ER chick down, and the black/cream pattern on these type of chick down is not affected by silver or gold, so you can have a penguin ER chick down based on gold or silver and both will look the same..

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I think I know what your all saying.....

And she will prove to all of us in a few weeks what is going on with her/him/it, life is simply fascinating!

She is cute ain't she!! [​IMG][​IMG] I think I will name her "Vague" [​IMG]

7. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    There all on here. On the right it shows recent pics. Click see all and you will find them. 2 were silver and tan. I do remember the female being more goldish. The other two were black looking just like cochins. One male one female. Theres no diffrence in how they look untill the matured. Other than a well defined head spot on male and a light head spot on female

8. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:it works different on Extended black chick down, I think you did such a cross and it was CL x Black Cochin right? in that case the cream under down is no indication of silver or cream its just the way Extended black works

9. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012

10. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    let me find the specific paper on this subject(Extended black cream undercolor)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by