Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Pics
Nicalandia is saying the chick would have to be a smart eagle chick due to the down color. Smart eagle is a silver based hen and the chick is showing a silver style chick down. But theres no real way to tell who the father is. (If i correctly understand what was said). My personal thoughts are the sport it the father. Can you take pics of the top of its head and back

Steen any idea what I should watch for so I will know for sure if it IS in fact a Smart Eagle decendent and NOT a CCL hens?  is there an EE gene that always will come out perhaps, and you are correct I havent a clue what was said.  I will check back with ya after I hatch all these other pure eggs....  Sounds like on all the threads there is not much known about the CCL sport yet alone crosses....  So we will play it by ear....  I will watch the comb, legs and all that and take a pic at a week old and then every week thereafter...  I will post update on the next hatch. :)  thanks so much for your time!  

Quote:
I am not Steen but I am sure he wont mind me jumping in...

First, No CL female has ever looked like that, so I can tell you 100% that thats not a CL female. anybody that has ever hatch CL either from GFF or from the UK have ever hatch a chick like that...

second whats to know about the white CL "Sport"? everything about recessive white has been documented and its a well known and documented gene...., any crosses made with this so called sports have produce normal looking cream legbars(if crossed to normal looking legbars) but WHY? its simple the recessive white gene needs to have two copies for it to show, with only one copy any cross made to CL or other breed will produce normal colored chicks and adults...

Edit
the recessive white cream legbars are not some mystery unknown magic breed of chickens, infact they just started to pop out of normal looking cream legbars, what does this tell you? that there is no difference between normal looking cream legbars and cream legbars carrying only one copy of the recessive white gene, so no, you will not be able to tell them apart at chics,

and recessive white legbars can be sexed at hatch, they are still autosexable..

a while ago I made a thread at the coop forums on how to autosex or tell the recessive white chick sex apart... using chicks that hatch out of normal looking parent.. here is the link of the source: http://www.the-coop.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=108116 and somof of the pics..
a32675ed_whiteLegbars1.jpeg
600x400px-LL-84d6412e_IMG_4431.jpeg
65edd14a_OverWhites.jpeg
350x700px-LL-d7555102_TrishsLegbarmaleheadspot.jpeg
b2047ff5_OverAll.jpeg
a25c838a_Whites.jpeg
51094ab3_TrishsLegbarchicks1.jpeg
600x450px-LL-c515c89c_Chris131.jpeg
and how to tell them apart(males from females)
Marvin said:
ok here is the trick. the trick is not so much on focusing on the male. but on the female. the females will have a clearly defined headstripe right?.. and the males lack this trait all together
d643fa0b_SexingWhiteCreamLegbars1.jpeg
fa23983e_SexingWhiteCreamLegbars2.jpeg

Looking in the brooder there are also two "Males" that have sorta the same coloring just a tad darker, they too are in the grey coloring just didnt stand out near as much as that one.

Lol. She said they were males.

Basically the only way she can find out if the pullets father is the sport is by breeding her back to the sport. If the sport fathered her then when she breeds the girl to the sport all the chicks will be sports right.

One copy of white in the girl and copys from the sport all chicks will be sports

Like I said I will take pics weekly of them, I will keep all three of them since I have brahma to grow out along with them, they wont take as much space as the giants and wont eat as much either. I want to do something with the sport, I havent quite figured out what yet. As you can see I dont have the time nor brain capacity to go into genetics like y'all! and thats all honesty! Ten years ago before I got real sick I could keep up, but unfortunately my brain is left a tad spotty literally.

I cant tell you how much your input is appreciated, you guys are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom