Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HaplessRunner, Sep 18, 2013.

1. HaplessRunner

HaplessRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    Need a better look at the back to be sure, But if you look at some of the pictures and my posts at the start of this thread, I believe the autosexing does transmit to this cross. For my two CLBxRIR crosses, I identified them as pullets based on the chipmunk stripes and I used feather sexing for confirmation. As it turned out both were pullets.

Like I said, I want to see a top view of this chick. But based on what I can see, I am inclined to think it may be a cockerel.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. farmhand

farmhand Chillin' With My Peeps

I see pullet. But then that is what I want to see. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. HaplessRunner

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    I agree - looks like a pullet. From this angle, she looks similar to my girls when they hatched. I really think that you will like the bird that she will grow into. My two are beautiful and I really like the egg color.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  4. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    x2

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Question, I tried to read and understand from the begin of this thread but had not seen mention to any Sport CCL attempts

For the Winter we have both our Sport CCL and CCL Roos in with all our hens and we have an Americana girl "Smart Eagle" this kids call her I cannot find a recent image,below image was as a pullet. Actually all the following images are older/

Anyways..... The chick above came from our Ameracana Smart Eagle, as I kept her egg in a sealed basket during hatch and her eggs are larger and greener than the CCL hens. I thought the chick would have looked alot different than all the pure chicks? Perhaps its too soon to see differences? Other than the lightness and darkness of her coloring she looks identical to the other pure females. Pic was at a day old, I will continue to take pics of her, she is a gorgeous chick and I must say prettier than the pures <hides under a chair> We have been eating all of her eggs because I had no clue that she could create some cool mix! and she also has the exact chipmunking and such. I have since moved smart eagle from that pen into the White Faced Spanish for fear that I got eggs messed up and in fact have a CCL that lays a more green egg, however as I collect her eggs since she is separate I think I was spot on that it was her egg. Sorry if this is confusing! I posted a pic on the FB page and some people want to buy chicks like her and I dont want to sell somethng I dont understand! I only have One Smart Eagle lol... I will assume either way she will lay blue/green eggs? And do you think the lighter color is from the Sport Roo?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. HaplessRunner

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    Here is another thread for you to check out. It was set up for discussions on white sport cream legbars.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/827877/white-sport-cream-legbars

BTW, your EE, Smart Eagle is beautiful. I have crossed an EE with a CLB roo and gotten several interesting cockerels. Given the horrible cold weather this winter, I may try to breed back these guys to CLBs to reduce the size of the comb. All three of my cockerels had terrible frostbite on combs, wattles, and some earlobes but my other chickens did not.

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

8. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    id bet that the sports the father

1 person likes this.
  9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Just got eggs from who I could (gates are all frozen!!!) Now I am thoroughly Confused!!

I have an egg from the CCL pen and Smart Eagles egg!!! EE egg has some speckles, I wish I had kept her shell!! arggggg

Could this chick be from the CCL Sport and CCL hen? and what should I watch for as this chick is growing I will assume it will have some EE traits?

I have just added two batches of CCL in the bators and none are Smart Eagles, I will assume if I get another its a sport x ccl hen [​IMG]

sorry for pic, the lighting just wasnt getting colors, they are a tad blue greener than appear in this!
    CCL left Smart Eagles on right!

[​IMG]

10. farmhand

farmhand Chillin' With My Peeps

Cute chick! What is a sport?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by