Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Well some of those chicks will look like larger than usual Legbars, some will look like their father(showing the columbian effect) and some females will look columbian without barring, and some females will look like larger legbars without barring.
I don't understand where the "Columbian" part fits in here. The father is a Buff Brahama

Again my goal with this little experiment is to have a blue egg layer that is more cold hardy.
and you have done such a cross already, with the F1s you hatch will be Blue/green eggers, Now if you REALLY want a Buff Brahma sized bird that is cold hardy and Lays blue/green eggs..? THEN the cross you want to cross these chicks you hatch, cross them back to Brahma this will yield larger more cold hardy birds and 50% of them will lay blue gree eggs..

Hi Debi!

Pita Pintas are described as having painted feathers. It that the same as Mottled?
Hi, Ron! I don't know. They look mottled to me.
lol.png
I do know that all of my PP/CL crosses are not mottled or painted. Some are solid black at this point with a little bit of white and others are black with some brown showing on their wing feathers. My PP/splash Langshan crosses however are blue and some look mottled. I need to take some new pics of all of them.

I don't understand where the "Columbian" part fits in here. The father is a Buff Brahama
Buff Brahma have the columbian genes..

Hey I am helping around here and I dont see you clicking on the green "Like" botton..

I will be back tomorrow today is my day off.. when I come back I want to see my Ovation number off the charts... LOL

and you have done such a cross already, with the F1s you hatch will be Blue/green eggers, Now if you REALLY want a Buff Brahma sized bird that is cold hardy and Lays blue/green eggs..? THEN the cross you want to cross these chicks you hatch, cross them back to Brahma this will yield larger more cold hardy birds and 50% of them will lay blue gree eggs..
Sweet! Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom