Cream Legbars

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, May 21, 2011.

1. TherryChicken

TherryChicken Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    The one hen that aready went through a moult that I got from you. I've seen the hens pick at her and she would bleed. I was actually just thinking of one of the aprons and thinking that may help, so I'm fixing to find one to buy one. Thank you! What can I give them for extra protiene instead of changing their feed?

2. Pozees

Pozees Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    TherryChicken - bugs (mealworms are easy), meat (liver, chicken and turkey carcasses, or even ground beef), eggs (scrambled or hard boiled is how I usually serve them but I know others offer them raw) - some folks have used canned cat food and tuna, basically anything you have or can get fairly easily and inexpensively will suffice. If you are or know a hunter, ask for organs if they get game.

3. TherryChicken

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    We have meat and cat fod. How much cat food? Do I just throw a lil bit out there a day?

4. Pozees

Pozees Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Kind of, yeah - when starting a new food I put down a spoonful or two in a plastic dish and see if they eat it - if they gobble I give them more. If they don't touch it in 10-15 minutes I toss on the ground and walk away, which sometimes lets it dry up and go away and sometimes on the ground it turns delicious. Never know.

5. TherryChicken

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    Lol yeah, thank you!

6. SullyD

SullyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2013
    Southwest, FL
    I got my first blue egg today!! Finally, she is 32 weeks old!

7. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I am so excited for you! Congratulations!

8. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Congratulations!! Sounds like she arrived at POL when the days were getting shorter...and so she waited a few extra weeks!!

9. OHfarmerswife

OHfarmerswife Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    Troy, OH
    I am new to CCL, st what age do they begin laying?

10. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Most of them start at about 24 weeks. I heard that one person had a start at 20weeks, and somebody just announced 32 weeks. One influencing factor is when they were hatched. Chicks that hatch late and come to POL when daylight hours are very short are the ones that take longer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by