Cream Legbars

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, May 21, 2011.

1. OHfarmerswife

OHfarmerswife Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    Troy, OH

thanks ChicKat

2. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    X2 most of mine have been week 24-25, and the daughters of the my hen who waited until 31 weeks just started to lay at 26 weeks, so it definitely can be improved.

3. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

yay! That is good to know...and in winter too. Good girl!

4. SullyD

SullyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2013
    Southwest, FL
    Here they are! 2 CL and 1 AM The AM is actually slightly larger than the CL, but the colors are pretty close. And they are not green in person!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    Congratulations on your beautiful eggs SullyD! Blue is so hard to photograph.

6. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

congratulations!
    [​IMG]

7. Darkangael

Darkangael Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2013
    New Mexico
    Lovely eggs.

8. blackbirds13

blackbirds13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Southern New Hampshire
    [​IMG]

This is my oldest juvie boy. Was hoping not to have to cull him despite his lobes being faulty but his breast is not improving and is not clearly barred. Its more mottled looking. He will not make this years cut for next spring.

These other three I've decided on are better barred and 2 have comparable combs. The one I like best overall has the most god awful comb.... I try to channel Jill Rees, Bonnie Hall and T. Adkerson's advice and not worry too much about it and concentrate on the other type issues but it is difficult. I cannot wait to start hatching next spring and see what turns up.
    I have 2 younger ones but one is darker barred than I'd like to use and the other is still way too young to make any assumptions on.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the guy that just seems darker overall
    [​IMG]

And this is lil' bit. Way too young at this point.
    [​IMG]

I'm holding onto Macbeth for next season also... Not sure how I'm getting all these boys past the husband. I fear I have some tough decisions ahead.

SullyD - Congrats on the eggs! It is hard to photo for true color in most aspects for the web as even each screen setting will have an affect but if they are comparable to Ameraucanas that is nice.

9. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    Your Boys are looking really nice. I love the coloring on them. Its good you have so many options for next season. I like the one you have the pink band on.

10. Darkangael

Darkangael Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2013
    New Mexico
    I have eggs =) they look to be about OAC178 - OAC179 and are in incubator now. So excited.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by