Cream Legbars

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, May 21, 2011.

1. blackbirds13

blackbirds13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Southern New Hampshire
    He looks really nice Rinda. Can't wait to see what you get next year.

2. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Great Picts Rinda.
    Was green band hen the one who had injured eye? Is she o.k.now? Your flock looks great!

3. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    Congratulations Rinda! They're doing so great!

4. Laingcroft

Laingcroft Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    One of my original GFF 2012 hens (not crested.) She finished her first molt to this. Looks a bit short necked in this picture, but she's not. I do like her tail though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  5. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    Yes green band hen had the injured eye. It is still cloudy. She acts more timid now. Still comes for treats but she's the first one in the coop every night, guess since she can't see as well anymore. :( Really meant to quarantine her after the move and treat her eye some more but then I had some babies get sick so the pet carrier (i.e. quarantine pen) has been occupied. Still may try that to see if we can heal it up some more. The carrier should be empty tomorrow night!

She's beautiful! Yes very lovely tail, hard to tell for sure from this angle but it looks very open in addition to the nice angle. She's got a very nice front underline, too, swoops all the way down to her legs.

6. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    @ Tru, I like those wide feathers in your girls' tail and nice high wing set too!

7. GaryDean26

GaryDean26 Chicken Czar

Dec 22, 2011
    McAlester, OK
    My Coop
    My non-crested hen from the original A Line GFF flock had a nice tail too. I noticed two division on the first wave of offspring from the A line.

One group that have great tails but no crests.

One group that has crests, but squirrel tails.
    [​IMG]

I lost my non-crested hen. I wish I had her back to help work on tails.

8. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    I make that cross all the time. They are VERY hearty chicks. I usually get 100% development and hatch! Sapphire huh....I call them SBEL too.

9. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Really nice barring - She is a pretty hen. Also for my taste, although it is allowed, I don't like floppy combs, even on females...and hers looks good. Now all you need in your future chicks is a little cresting activity and you're home free!

10. HaplessRunner

HaplessRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    Beautiful eggs!! I cannot wait for spring either.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by