Cream Legbars

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, May 21, 2011.

1. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    [​IMG]

2. WHmarans

WHmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2013
    Idaho
    wow both of them beautiful.

3. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:Pics or no cookie buddy... :)

4. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:thats the hen that weights 6 pounds? she looks tall and lanky,

5. normanack

normanack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I recently bought a fish scale on amazon.com for $3.90 and free shipping. I wondered why it's taking three weeks in shipping -- till I checked and noticed it's coming from Hong Kong. If you don't want to wait that long, you can probably find one almost as cheap from an American distributor.

Anne (aiding and abetting the "how much does this chicken weigh" question)

p.s. I want a cookie, too. Just because.

6. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

7. ChicKat

I took a photo of a beautiful buff leghorn at the recent chicken show..if I can dig it up - we can look over those and compare with the body on Steen's rooster that I like so much...

ETA - no need now, I wrote that before I saw the diagram that GaryDean26 did -- so excellent - I think it should be added to the Club's handbook - good type goals for the people wishing to raise the breed.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  8. ChicKat

Have you heard of Vetericyn VF - it comes in several forms and one is a spray.....

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=e97200b5-9979-4c64-baa8-16ddc2f2cb37

I got the gel at Amazon - I think I won't be without it.... The reviews may say it all..

9. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    I do have Vetericyn in the gel form. Think that will work? It seems so watery to me. I figured a Vaseline type ointment would be better. Am I wrong?

10. ChicKat

Whoo hoo Chickin Pickin' Love your birds and love your rooster. Too bad about the frost bite. -- Somehow I wish we could dub the males who have to live in cold climates. (Like the games for which dubbing is a requirement - and although it seems awful - it would solve the frostbite problem right. Is it light reflected from the snow, or do you have the best salmon-breasted Cream Legbars there are?? or both? ---

When we go through the SOP sentence by sentence...I hope that you will have us look at your rooster - there are a huge number of good qualities there!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by