Crochet "Chat"

Anyone live near the smokey mountains Del Rio TN? There is a BYCer giving away free chicks if you live close enough to go there. Too far for me.
This was her post:
FREE!!!!

I'm looking for someone to take my culls next spring. I'm talking about around 100 rosecomb chicks, and I want them in their new homes within a week of being born.

If anyone semi local is interested, please let me know. Visit my website or click my email link!

I will be making a short list of folks to benefit from my culls, first come first served.

They are Buff OrpingtonXGold Lace Wyandottes
They may look buff, or may have an assortment of black markings on buff feathers.

Quote:
I can laugh about it now but it wasn't funny at the time. I hope your Dr. visit works out ok. If you hadn't been allergic to eggs in the past it may be that it's something your hens are eating. Lot's of luck on it.
frow.gif

Jen, that's funny! If it were me, I'd put an "eye" - like the one a screen door hook hooks into - on the top edge of the lock toward the end that lifts upward; attach a nylon twine to it and make a hole near the top of the door with the twine run through the hole and some kind of handle attached to the inside end, so I could let myself out of there if it were to get locked down again. Does that make sense the way I explained it? Can you tell I have claustrophobia?
sad.png
I really don't like closed in places or even closed doors much!

Look what I got in the mail!!!
wee.gif

15962_143.jpg

15962_144.jpg

They are from MAW!!!!
Thanks Jessica!!
celebrate.gif
Is this the same package you mailed out last Christmas??
I love them both & it was plenty!!!
hugs.gif
love.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
LOL!!! I have already done that!!!! That was a couple years ago though, wore it to the race track quite a bit, never failed to not get the hippie comments either, haha!!

Hi everyone.....Hope all of you are having a good holiday. I usually only work two or three mornings a week but had to work Friday and Saturday this week as it got busy. I worked in the garden this morning as I had an irrigation line that was blocked and I had to trace it down. Everything here in the desert has to have drip irrigation or nothing much would grow as we have very little rainfall. I started another project but am still debating on the SS. I also got 8 eggs today and I am making custard with 6 of them today. It's cooler and I'm grateful. I love fall here and it's just around the corner. Busy week ahead as DH has cataract surgery on Thursday so have all the preparations that go with it. All have you have a fun time. It's quiet here....none of the family came to visit....they all went either to the coast or the mountains.
frow.gif

My hens are pretty much "spent" in the laying department I guess, one or two eggs a day a couple times a week, often no eggs at all from 9 hens that will be 3 years old next april. Does bring about an interesting dilemma since by ordinace I can only have 10. I love them and they have unique personalities, well most of them do, a few are "generic" and not very different from the next but non-egg laying chickens sort of defeats the purpose of having them as "pets"....wish I knew someone who had a nice farm that wouldn't eat them where they could live out their lives laying a random egg every now and then and next spring I could stat over with new biddies..doubt that will happen but I can honestly say it is odd to have to buy store bought eggs after all this time of getting them from my backyard!!

SE, WOW that's a tough position to be into...one of these days I'll probably be there too as in my mind you don't eat your eggers (meaties are another story). My girls are only a little over a year old & when they have a slow day threatening them with no more treats usually spurs them into production
smile.png

Hey Everyone... we've been gone since Friday afternoon, camping. Now I'm trying to play catch up on my computer......

SE - If I lived by you I'd take your chickies and not eat them
big_smile.png
I love that tote idea... going have to make that one
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom