Crochet "Chat"

The rest of the baby blankets I am making are for little girls. I had a great grandson born in Jan. but now I just finished one for a great grandaughter born this month and I have one finished for a granddaughter due in May and one started for a great grandaughter due in July. Then I'm going to make one for a friend whose baby is going to be a girl and is due in September. This does seem to be the year for girls. I've also been making quilts for some of these babies, also. I just sent off for two pattern books to make crocheted Victorian Christmas ornaments. They look lovely and thought they'd make nice additions to Christmas presents.

A friend sent me some cotton yarn and a book with 12 beautiful dishcloth patterns and I'm busily making dish/washcloths to save my sanity, living in this RV in limbo after the fire. Demolition was supposed to start this week, and I'm still hoping someone will show up today to get started, but the only folks who have been working are me and DH. Insurance company is a little slow figuring things out with the contractor, but once it gets going, I'm sure it will move along much faster.

My SIL got 100 skeins of assorted yarn from an estate sale and sent a huge care package with lots of toiletries, paper, pens, and the yarn yesterday. Some of it looks like the same yarn I lost in my fire that I got from an estate. Maybe the same deceased grandmother??? Would be a wild coincidence!

Last edited:
A friend sent me some cotton yarn and a book with 12 beautiful dishcloth patterns and I'm busily making dish/washcloths to save my sanity, living in this RV in limbo after the fire. Demolition was supposed to start this week, and I'm still hoping someone will show up today to get started, but the only folks who have been working are me and DH. Insurance company is a little slow figuring things out with the contractor, but once it gets going, I'm sure it will move along much faster.

My SIL got 100 skeins of assorted yarn from an estate sale and sent a huge care package with lots of toiletries, paper, pens, and the yarn yesterday. Some of it looks like the same yarn I lost in my fire that I got from an estate. Maybe the same deceased grandmother??? Would be a wild coincidence!
I'm so glad things are starting to get taken care of for you. And how kind of your family and friends to make sure you have a creative outlet.

They know I can't sit still, even when I'm resting, unless I'm actually unconscious, lol. It killed me to put 86 skeins of yarn, most of it newly purchased, into a box to throw out because it smelled like smoke. The good thing is that I should be paid enough to buy it all over again. Here are some of the ones I've made in the last couple of days

Last edited:
Before this happened, I was working on replacing all of my terrycloth washrags with crocheted ones. We both love how they feel. Now, I actually have to replace them all. Oh, woe is me, I must crochet!
tongue.png
gig.gif

They know I can't sit still, even when I'm resting, unless I'm actually unconscious, lol. It killed me to put 86 skeins of yarn, most of it newly purchased, into a box to throw out because it smelled like smoke. The good thing is that I should be paid enough to buy it all over again. Here are some of the ones I've made in the last couple of days

neat i like them

My mother holds TIGHT to the cotton dishcloths I have made her. she won't use a sponge anymore because she says the cotton cloth gets everything off without a scrubby. Her favorite one was originally a hot pad so it's double sided with a squiggle pattern sc'd on the top and its LOUD, just like her, lol.

Speckledhen, if you PM me your address I have a yarn i think you might really enjoy.

Last edited:
After SEVERAL trial and errors of different washcloth patterns I have finally found the perfect stitch for mine, its just a DC and SC
smile.png
and that is all I use for mine, pretty quick too

Back
Top Bottom