Crochet "Chat"

Quote:
Chickinlickin... you can do it!! You can make a very nice warm plump scarf pretty quickly by doing a simple double crochet stitch! I bet your Mom is very excited to teach you, but mostly to get to spend some extra time with you.

I really like Epais yarn that you can get from Hobby. Very soft, extra warm. Comes in a huge skein. Look for yarns that say they are soft. Some of the "I love this yarn!" are pretty nice and soft. I find the cheap acrylic scratchy on the neck.

Ooo here is another dog sweater, same pattern. It just slips down over the head and put the arms through holes...

29881_pinkblack_chacha.jpg

Also, I have made myself some of those crochet kitchen towels. My Mother in Law used to make them for me, now I've had to learn how for myself.

29881_kitchen_towels_crochet.jpg

Baustin, I have that book...it's great. I've got an afghan started that uses 1 of each of the squares in the book...I've got most of them done, but need to figure out how I'm going to assemble. I'd say there are "squares" for every level of crocheter, but with the diagrams (love 'em), every level can do them.

Insider, LOVE the puppy sweater! Where did you say you got the pattern? And, when you make your hanging kitchen towels, do you use a whole towel or 1/2 of one?

insiderart - Thanks for the encouragement...and for the tips! I've got my first training date set for Thursday evening. Mom is kind of excited about it....
smile.png
I figure I want to be started on this while the ncaa basketball tourney is on....I'll have plenty of time sitting in front of the tube to work on it...

Quote:
Chickinlickin... you can do it!! You can make a very nice warm plump scarf pretty quickly by doing a simple double crochet stitch! I bet your Mom is very excited to teach you, but mostly to get to spend some extra time with you.

I really like Epais yarn that you can get from Hobby. Very soft, extra warm. Comes in a huge skein. Look for yarns that say they are soft. Some of the "I love this yarn!" are pretty nice and soft. I find the cheap acrylic scratchy on the neck.

Ooo here is another dog sweater, same pattern. It just slips down over the head and put the arms through holes...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/29881_pinkblack_chacha.jpg

Also, I have made myself some of those crochet kitchen towels. My Mother in Law used to make them for me, now I've had to learn how for myself.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/29881_kitchen_towels_crochet.jpg

Where did you get the pattern for the towels? I really need to learn how to do that. My family is always taking the towels into the other rooms or they fall on the floor.

Quote:
I do most of my crochet in front of the TV. I used to read while watching TV but my eyes are still messed up and it's too difficult to read right now. Crochet seems to be the ticket!

Quote:
Thanks! Ava is very fancy! I got the pattern for the dog sweater on etsy, lots of neat patterns there.

I used 1/2 of a towel because these were large towels, but in the demo Teresa uses a full towel (it looks to be one of those small design printed types). Here's the demo video...
And here's her pattern on her site. http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2009/10/crochet-towel-topper.html

She's
great, has tons of videos on youtube and always posts the pattern on her blog with a link in her youtube info.

I know, I love those towels that don't run off!!!! That's why I wanted to learn to make them. Super simple really, not difficult at all.

Yes, the book is great. So many motifs in all shapes and sizes. I though I knew every motif out there but the book proved me wrong.

Since we all have chickens. Have to tell you I brought home 2 baby chicks a friend hatched in her incubator with hers. They're from my hens. They're about a week old now. Will post photos when I get them off my camera. I also just finished an afghan and will take a photo of it also for posting.

Speaking of chicks, I just hatched out 25 in my bator but sold 20 of them. I have 4 in my living room in a big box.

I have finished a scarf for my sis that I will give her for Christmas or her b-day that is right befor Christmas.
I started a baby blanket and got more than half way finished then lost interest. Guess someone has got to get prego befor I will feel inspired to get back to it. Hate it when I start something then loose interest.

Looks like we're all in the spirit of hatching chicks. I want to get DH going on the incubator he's going to build. He taught school for 41 years and a good many teaching science in KS. He said his class would build an incubator and then hatch eggs as a science project. I find out swomething new about him all the time.
clap.gif

Quote:
I did that when I taught science! We built an incubator and hatched out chicks. The kids took turns monitoring the temp and water. They also turned them three times a day. They even took turns taking them home for an evening (with parents permission and a signed agreement to follow the guidelines). We had 70% of them hatch! The kids were so excited!!!

Here is what I'm working on now. It's just a baby blanket and I now realize that I should have avoided the pale yellow since it doesn't show up very well.
hmm.png
The pic is a little yellow. It makes that light lavender color look pink! I have light blue or pink that I can use for the next round (once I finish the white popcorn round). Which color should I use next?

41069_img_3866.jpg

41069_img_3867.jpg

Last edited:
I think I would go pink! I don't mind the yellow. Why don't you like it?

It's amazing to me you guys that make the long term projects. Maybe I'll get there someday, but for now it's quick projects for me.

Back
Top Bottom