Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
I was planning on doing the same thing plus one of my granddaughters has asked for one as well (she chose different colors though). I asked her Mom (my DD) what she's going to do with 1 square but she says she will just enjoy looking at it or as a blankey for one of her dolls so I made an extra with a few extra stitches so it would be a bit bigger.
hmm.png

Hi Everyone

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. For Thanksgiving weekend the weather was wonderful, worked , had turkey and pumpkin pie. i was complete. Usually really cool, but we had 26 C on Sat, Sun and Mon. Already today it is 16C. Guess I am going to have to work outside today. The leaves are turning and starting to fall. Beautiful time of the year.
My squares are done WOHOOOO..., had a blast doing them and trying to figure the colors. So hopefully they can go over the next two days. I am off and not answering the phone for work. My next project is some hats, scarves and mittens. Found a pattern on line that I am going to order for christmas granny square to do for next year. So got lots to do.
Still can't figure out how to download my pic, anyone want to give me step by step?
Welllllll have a wonderful week.

Donna

Good Morning~
jumpy.gif

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Did everyone get to enjoy the holiday or did you have to work?
smile.png

I had a fantastic time at the Mother/Daughter camp out. Our cabin was facing the lake. The weather was gorgeous!!! I just smiled looking around at the beginning of the change of fall color, b/c it reminded me of our beautiful fall colored squares. My DD works at this camp in the summer in nature sect, so she took me on her own hike to share her world with me. It was fantastic! I felt like I got a lot of exercise just from walking all day long. I took a little "me" time to crochet by the lake.

I had to put my squares a side to crochet a friend a head hugger beanie hat for her B-day. I decided to make wrist warmers to match. I used a real simple "free" pattern from Lion Brand. I've been wanting to give them a try for a few years. I was amazed how simple they were. I'll post on the crochet chat sect.

Jessica~ I hear ya about always wanting to keep your squares. I always feel that way.
hide.gif
I think it's b/c even though I learned to crochet when I was little, I just learned how to decipher patterns in the past 3-4 yrs and always feel so proud when I can make something from the jibberious-goobily abbrev.
lau.gif
gig.gif

Jen~ I wish I crocheted fast enough to be able to crochet my fav extras as I go along. I plan on making extras after I receive everyones to see what color scheme will tie them all together. I have so much going on that I haven't had quality crocheting time.

baustin~ Oh I love this sentiment as well. You worded it soooooooo perfect!

...Each of the squares you receive will give you the added satisfaction of each one showing you have made a new friend.

Hi Erin~ Hope you had a great weekend as well!

Donna~ Hi there!
frow.gif
Oh so good to hear from you! So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! My mouth is watering thinking of pumpkin pie. Yum!
droolin.gif
I'll send you another inbox message to see if we can help you get a pic up of your squares. Can't wait to see them!
pop.gif

Alethea & yinepu~
woot.gif
Welcome to the hooker's corner!
clap.gif
I'm so sorry but we aren't only yarn enablers, but bad chicken enablers as well.
hide.gif
Looking forward to chatting and getting to know you.

SunnyDawn~ That is so sweet stitching squares together for one of your graddaughter's baby blanket. I can picture it ow her tucking her baby in w/ a beautiful mini fall blanket.

Hi Bhazell
frow.gif

Bleenie~ Oh I can't wait to see it!
smile.png

Hmmmm.....I wonder where some of the Swappers are? I hope they stop by and say hello b/c I miss chatting with them.
smile.png

Speaking of yarn...... I was getting low on a few colors I was using to make the swaps and didn't want to run out, so I could make some for myself as well, so I bought some more plus more fall colors by the same brand.
ep.gif
I did use a few coupons, though.
hide.gif

Last edited:
Well, I mailed out my squares this morning. Wheee! One less thing on my mind and can get onto getting ready to leave for my granddaughters wedding. We leave next Tues. and will be home the 25th. The quilt I made her is finished except for sewing on the label and hope to do that today. I also have to finish my outfit. Just have hemming and buttonholes to do. I'm working on another baby afghan for my first gr.gr. baby. Just finished one for my DH's gr gr baby. Will take photos and post as soon as I can.

Smitty,

Thank you for the welcome. I love these crochet theads. I don't know about bad chicken enablers, though. Our girls are so good, may it continue.

Hey everyone. Hubby has injured his hip so we have been in and out of doctors offices and he started physical therapy yesterday. The only good part of this is I have more time to crochet while I'm sitting in waiting rooms waiting for him (he can't really drive himself anywhere, well without a lot of pain anyway). Well off to see another doctor.
hmm.png

The FAQ section has instructions on posting pictures. I'm not very good at it, but have managed. Hopefully I'm bette at caring for chickens than at posting pictures.
Quote:

Eight are finished, eight need the last round done, but all need the ends woven in. I will be sad to finish them, but glad because I can then move onto doing a owl hat for my toddler. He will look so cute (if he would only keep it on!).

We have a baby! More info on the Expectant Parent thread. It's been a very busy week, but long story short - we are at the NICU because she had some breathing troubles. We expect to be coming home by the weekend. I'm glad I have my squares finished!

Back
Top Bottom