Crossroads of America Poultry Show: APA/ABA Joint National 2011

• I will be attending as a spectator.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will be attending as an exhibitor.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I will not be able to attend.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nice little Showgirl! I agree that most of the birds I saw in the sale area were nice quality. I don't remember seeing any that were in poor condition either. Even those painted Silkies were good quality birds.

I'm trying to find pictures from Crossroads. For instance, will anyone ever post or publish the pictures of showmanship winners that were taken? There were so many folks crowded around that I couldn't get in position to get a picture of my own.
Does anyone know or have a picture that you took? I would like to have one for my scrapbook.

Here are some pictures that I took-
chickens339.jpg

The youth area facing the swap/geese/turkey side.
chickens111.jpg

The other side of the same area.
chickens112.jpg

Looking down the same aisle.
chickens115.jpg

Here is a picture of the senior showmanship winners
smile.png
I placed first, so I was excited about that! I'm gonna have to go home and upload the bigger file

312929_10150365717518472_776593471_8494480_676063685_a.jpg

314696_10150365718028472_776593471_8494491_11991994_a.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I wasn't able to attend, but I had four WONDERFUL birds come back with Jean and Kristina for me. All I can say is I am just beyond words for the SLW cockerel that is now sitting in quarantine and the muscovy drake is TO DIE FOR.

The SLW has great leg color, excellent width through the body, nice frame, decent wings, nice lacing, good comb, and I hope he will be everything he seems to be (fertility will be the test!)

I can't wait for Spring.

The good birds far, far out numbered the junk. Most of the good ones went fast. The Foleys (Turbo) went home daily and returned each morning with fresh birds. He even brought me a black Wy Bantam cockerel upon request.

Junk birds show up at all shows in the sale area. Guess some of us just noticed them more than others. Majority has signs up with their name and number. Recognized a many good breeders' names. Numerous breed clubs shared their sale area, allowing different members to take turns supervising their sale birds.

Did you get your Muscovy from Saladin...aka Doc Everett? He brought a Chocolate hen for us. Actually, his son. But they were very nice. There was also some nice wyandottes in the sale area.

I always take some junk, but I sell them at the same prices or less than I sell them for on Craigslist... that way there's something affordable that I won't worry about available. There are some birds I part with that I would rather trade to other breeders because I know, if something catastrophic were to happen to my flock, this person or that person has some birds that came from me that I really liked- and hopefully I can get something back.

I also take some decent stuff too,.. but alot of the decent stuff is young and needs more time. The silkies I have (esp the blacks) put on width and body later. A 4-6 month old is worlds apart from a yearling.

The muscovys are a trio from Mr. Padgett. Two blacks and a blue. I have two silvers that are just goose egg incubators that sold me on muscovies.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom