Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

I there enough people interested in this breed willing enough to chip in to get some new Blood? If 10 people say yes Let's talk one here an get some kind of pool togheter to get at least one pair.

I there enough people interested in this breed willing enough to chip in to get some new Blood? If 10 people say yes Let's talk one here an get some kind of pool togheter to get at least one pair.
I am that interested in this breed, but you have left a lot of questions unanswered! How is that going to work???? Where are you going to get this pair, and who is going to raise and breed them?? I assume the keeper of the birds will send eggs or chicks to the 'investors'?? How much are you expecting to invest in them??? I think that this is a great idea, but can see problems in making it work. Thanks for your posted pictures !! I am new to the breed and appreciate the chance to see as many birds and as much varitiy as possible...stan

new blood from where? cuba? from what we have seen there isn't anything worth importing. germany? they seem to be breeding birds to standard and that would be new blood. i need to hear more.

New Blood? Not sure what you mean. What is the purpose? Why do you think it is needed? New blood to improve the birds in the US or just a new line? Sorry for all the questions. Just want to understand your reasons.

Germany got thier birds from the US about the time they were imported here. They are the originals that I believe Schmudde sent them. The only drawbacks that I see are the length of tails. Thier birds are nice big birds with nice feather width and heads, just not the length of tail in the males. I think it would be much more worth time to have the group chip in for a large group of eggs, and have someone hand carry them on the plane. The only problem would be fertility. With the pair of birds, only one person would be housing them. If it was done by the pair I think it would be smart to breed many the first year, then disperse birds to the 'chippers'. Just my opinion though.
Zach

Last edited:
There is a good 30 year split between thier line and ours. Other breeds have been bred in as well that we don't have here like satsumadori and another breed that I can't spell or pronounce. Chris might have saved (I forgot to) the history timeline they have created that goes back to thier importations.
Zach

Back
Top Bottom