Cure for cats on the counter?

Foil is good to get them to stop scratching furniture. When i had cats I pinned it to the side of the couch, they wouldnt touch it. I also laid it on top of the couch in sheets, might work onthe counter too as it sure would be easy to tape it there compared to trying to get it to stay on the couch!

Scat mats work good too.. once they know they are there, you dont even have to plug them in anymore ...

I am a water gun and tape girl... then again its been years and years since I've had to deal with a kitten!!!
lol.png

I'm surprised by most of the responses here
big_smile.png

They are kittens, this is what they do!!!
We teach manners with the similar commands as the dogs, the variations is so that each knows who we are correcting.
Anyway... squirt bottles work great if you don't over use them.. it'll take MONTHS of repetition and then years of reinforcement!!! You gotta follow through, get up and remove them from wherever. The girls slow down a bit after getting spayed but boys are crazy for years
wink.png
regardless

More toys specifically for them will help, there should be dozens of choices available for 3 kitties, foil & paper balls, stuffed socks, mice, balls, boxes with holes & tunnels, tubes, scratching posts, etc

I have one 5 month old right now, Sophie is doing the usual stuff too, but we just keep at it. Our sounds work so well we haven't even brought out the squirt bottle for her yet. It's every 2 minutes except when she's asleep.. I call it the terrible twos.
big_smile.png
Same difference.

Our oldest cat looks at her like she's crazy and even the 3 year old does too.. they will slow down some

Hang in there a few more months

I HAVE the cure for no cats on the counter :

|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

NO CATS in the house!!

hide.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Ditto. Consider it "safe" target practice for chicken predators...outside...in the future. NO, I'm not suggesting that your CATS will be the predators!!! (The OTHER predators.)

Back
Top Bottom