Cure for cats on the counter?

Quote:
gig.gif

Omran, Would you please come tell my varmints that they don't like bananas?

I don't like them (bananas) but my MIL loves them. She lived with us last winter and I don't know what kind of sharing went on, but now my kitties go crazy over anything that smells like a banana. Nothing worse than finding a shredded one all over the house.
barnie.gif

Quote:
Oh, you forgot to say that you have to SMEAR banana all over the counters because they don't like the TEXTURE of smooshed banana on their little feet..

Of course this does create another cleanup issue ...
idunno.gif

hide.gif

UPDATE! Day 4 of Duct Tape and it is still on the counter un-disturbed after 24 hours. Three encounters was all it has taken so far... remember I said "so far" because I'm sure there will be relapses. I figure this is gonna be kinda like potty training our granddaughter recently--oops!

We have serious asthma and allergies so we can't use the plug-ins or air fresheners, but I really like those motion sensor spray can thingys. Might give on of those a try as well, just for a back-up. Do you suppose they would work to stop them from climbing the screens on our patio? Can they be adjusted to go off if the cat gets above a certain height? I'm picturing putting one on top of a 4 foot ladder in the middle of the patio and setting it to go off if they get any higher than the back of the sofa or the chair rail.

Our major offender is our female kitten. The fellas are pretty much satisfied on the floor and the back of the sofas.

I like the idea of hanging the sheets of foil to discourage clawing the furniture. I am definately going to try that starting tomorrow morning. They have several scratching posts and I'm going to place them closer to their favorite places to sharpen their claws and hope they start using them instead.

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Ditto. I have 6 cats and they're all smarter than me...
hmm.png
They win..

Last edited:
I don't think I have a solution but I just can't imagine how you can function in a house lined with foil, upside down duct tape, balloons, mouse traps and little puddles of water that you have sprayed everywhere in desperation.
lau.gif
Who's house is it and what the heck does company say when they come in and see this circus?
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

From what I have been reading
I must have the worlds strangest 2cats
they have been trained like puppys I whistle, they come running I then give them a treat and only then. When they jump on the table and hear the word No
down they go and I say Thank you.
gig.gif

I know, they dont understand the meaning or do they ?
but they know I have a responce to them
for doing the right thing .
celebrate.gif

I have never had cats before, only dogs and more dogs
So I treated them as my dogs. But they are more cuddly and loving.
and funny when they go chasing the toys around the house.
but I still wipe the counters off before use,
with vinegar and water spray.

Back
Top Bottom