Curled in toes, keeps making foot toes bleed help

chickenreyna

Songster
Oct 10, 2017
Oklahoma
The store near me didnt have any nonstick wrap. I have used a tiny piece of cardboard medical tape over it. Left side is fixed, but, right side keeps tearing her skin poor chicks a duccle and cant see feathers on toes by legs are gone.

Anyone have any solution not involving anything sticky..band aids or rubber bands and non stick wrap?? Its her toes curl..not splayed leg!

Can you post some photos of the toes?
How old is she?

I'm trying to understand what you are asking, are you trying to correct curled toes?
Is the tape coming off and tearing the skin or is the skin tearing with you taking off the tape? Tape removal can be done with oil to prevent the tearing of the skin.

If the cardboard bootie staying on is the problem, then use try using vet wrap, it sticks to itself and not the skin. If the foot is bleeding, apply a little triple antibiotic ointment first.

Curled toes, she needs Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) provide her with poultry vitamins that contains B2 or add some human B-Complex (no iron) vitamins to her feed.

Can you post some photos of the toes?
How old is she?

I'm trying to understand what you are asking, are you trying to correct curled toes?
Is the tape coming off and tearing the skin or is the skin tearing with you taking off the tape? Tape removal can be done with oil to prevent the tearing of the skin.

If the cardboard bootie staying on is the problem, then use try using vet wrap, it sticks to itself and not the skin. If the foot is bleeding, apply a little triple antibiotic ointment first.

Curled toes, she needs Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) provide her with poultry vitamins that contains B2 or add some human B-Complex (no iron) vitamins to her feed.
Ok, i dont get paid until this Friday so i will have to wait.. Which, unfortunately, from what i have read.. timing is important with fixing this issue :/ It bleeds both when on i saw it was bleeding and i thought she was in discomfort from her noises she was making. It kind of curls inward, whenever she stands it almost shakes or has a floating appearance if that makes sense? Her right foot is not flat.
Ugh.. So little toes working with makes it super difficult! i have read a couole sites which make it seem so simple.

Here, sorry its really difficult to get her to stand stand Still: /

Attachments

• 20180529_135527.jpg
    20180529_135527.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20180529_135607.jpg
    20180529_135607.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20180529_135625_Burst01.jpg
    20180529_135625_Burst01.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 8
This isnt today. It was when treating her left side with medical tape, which worked. I think her right side has always been worse than the other side

Attachments

• 20180525_111427.jpg
    20180525_111427.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 7
Sorry hard to capture hopefully this gives you a better idea of what i am dealing with..

Attachments

• 20180529_135629.jpg
    20180529_135629.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 6
She hatched Friday the 25th. I did not notice it at first! i thought typical clumsy chick after i got her out of incubator BC it is rather minor compared to other pictures i saw, but it does affect the way she walks..kind of hobbles. :/

I maybe.. too late on fixing her right side. I'm so stressed out. I ordered these latest eggs online and i never have dealt with sort of issue before.

Do you have a Dollar Tree near you? You can try this "gentle tape" and also the Triple antibiotic ointment is very good. I am extremely cheap, so these are products that I have used for myself and for my chickens too.

https://www.mypetchicken.com/backya...-toes-are-all-curled-up-whats-wrong-H293.aspx

196966.jpg

948081.jpg
Thank you so much. Me too..I'm on a budget. I have this hen healer stuff but its bright blue so others automatically pecked at it. What kind of oil can i use to remove the medical tape so it doesnt make her bleed

Back
Top Bottom