Cytopoint for Dogs

Yeah even keeping my little 14 pound Toby on the Primal would cost an arm and a leg! I would imagine feeding your crew, you might have to mortgage the house! :D I am researching all the raw, freeze dried and dehydrated foods and definitely want to get away from kibble. And Toby gets so excited to eat now, I love it! Thanks for that link to BJs food, I will definitely check it out!

I thought about leaking gut syndrome too, but his poop is so perfect? He never has digestive issues what so ever so I sort of ruled it out but that doesn't mean he doesn't have it. Thanks for that link, I will definitely check it out too!
Its pretty expensive. :th When you think about it thought, I don't think that raw is "expensive" per say, its just that kibble is super cheep. Feeding raw is like the cost of feeding a person, which actually makes sense. The things I think about to justify the cost.:lol:

Neither does Comet. His poop was always firm and seemingly normal, though he still has a lot of the leaky gut symptoms. Its worth reading the article for sure, or it could always be a yeast infection which is related to leaky gut. Also has a lot of allergy symptoms.
I wonder if thats just "kibble poop", its the way it looks. Its full of grains and fillers, so it comes out firm and hard, along with being massive!

Its pretty expensive. :th When you think about it thought, I don't think that raw is "expensive" per say, its just that kibble is super cheep. Feeding raw is like the cost of feeding a person, which actually makes sense. The things I think about to justify the cost.:lol:

Neither does Comet. His poop was always firm and seemingly normal, though he still has a lot of the leaky gut symptoms. Its worth reading the article for sure, or it could always be a yeast infection which is related to leaky gut. Also has a lot of allergy symptoms.
I wonder if thats just "kibble poop", its the way it looks. Its full of grains and fillers, so it comes out firm and hard, along with being massive!
As soon as I get done in my inbox, :D I am going to read that article on leaky gut. I am not sure what the symptoms of leaky gut are, but I am about to find out! I will let you know if I think Toby may have it. :)

@Weeg OK I read the article, and it's possible he does have leaky gut. He does have a few food intolerances which could very well be a sign. And maybe this is why his itching is so bad.Toby has been on a probiotic/digestive enzymes supplement for quite a while now but I am going to give the Gut Guard a go and see if it makes a bigger difference. It can't hurt! And I am hoping his new diet improves his condtion as well.

@Weeg OK I read the article, and it's possible he does have leaky gut. He does have a few food intolerances which could very well be a sign. And maybe this is why his itching is so bad.Toby has been on a probiotic/digestive enzymes supplement for quite a while now but I am going to give the Gut Guard a go and see if it makes a bigger difference. It can't hurt! And I am hoping his new diet improves his condtion as well.
I'm so glad I sent you that link! I put Comet on Yeast Free Fido since I suspected a yeast infection. Not sure if he actually had a yeast infection, or if it helped if he did, but Gut Guard was part of it which I figured would be beneficial either way. His eye boogers have gone away, and he seems to lick his paw SO much less than he did before the supplements and the raw diet. Possibly still a bit, but its not noticeable like it used to be.

I hope that Gut Guard helps your boy! Hoping the new diet helps as well. I'm so happy I was able to help with all of this, I've seen a lot of benefits from raw and it makes me happy to see others pups benefiting from it as well. :)

I'm so glad I sent you that link! I put Comet on Yeast Free Fido since I suspected a yeast infection. Not sure if he actually had a yeast infection, or if it helped if he did, but Gut Guard was part of it which I figured would be beneficial either way. His eye boogers have gone away, and he seems to lick his paw SO much less than he did before the supplements and the raw diet. Possibly still a bit, but its not noticeable like it used to be.

I hope that Gut Guard helps your boy! Hoping the new diet helps as well. I'm so happy I was able to help with all of this, I've seen a lot of benefits from raw and it makes me happy to see others pups benefiting from it as well. :)
I am thinking it could be skin yeast as he has been on this raw diet for 10 days now and I am noticing that he doesn't smell like dog anymore, :D he has very little smell at all. That doggie smell is probably yeast! His skin has always been good, no eruptions or sores, no dandruff or dry skin. But he did have a heavy doggie smell to him, I just thought that was his normal self. Anyway, he is still not itching either, but the Cytopoint hasn't yet worn off. I am hoping this raw diet is the bullet I am looking for!! I did order the gut guard so I am waiting on that to come in. I think we are on to something and I can't thank you enough! :hugs

I am thinking it could be skin yeast as he has been on this raw diet for 10 days now and I am noticing that he doesn't smell like dog anymore, :D he has very little smell at all. That doggie smell is probably yeast! His skin has always been good, no eruptions or sores, no dandruff or dry skin. But he did have a heavy doggie smell to him, I just thought that was his normal self. Anyway, he is still not itching either, but the Cytopoint hasn't yet worn off. I am hoping this raw diet is the bullet I am looking for!! I did order the gut guard so I am waiting on that to come in. I think we are on to something and I can't thank you enough! :hugs
That is just fantastic to hear! Yay! How exciting!
Here's an article on yeast that talks about treatment for a yeast infection. Shows some symptoms of that if that might be something you want to treat for as well.

I'm so glad that I can help! What a huge improvement, that is just awesome! I'm so glad that this approach is showing improvement for your boy, its so great to see that happen.

Here's an article about detoxing after vaccines, I figured I'd link it since its the same idea as detoxing after antibiotics, or prescriptions. Maybe something you want to look through for your boy after the prescriptions he's been getting, it doesn't hurt. :) https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/dog-vaccinations-detox/

That is just fantastic to hear! Yay! How exciting!
Here's an article on yeast that talks about treatment for a yeast infection. Shows some symptoms of that if that might be something you want to treat for as well.

I'm so glad that I can help! What a huge improvement, that is just awesome! I'm so glad that this approach is showing improvement for your boy, its so great to see that happen.

Here's an article about detoxing after vaccines, I figured I'd link it since its the same idea as detoxing after antibiotics, or prescriptions. Maybe something you want to look through for your boy after the prescriptions he's been getting, it doesn't hurt. :) https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/dog-vaccinations-detox/
Yes it's nice to see improvements when trying new things, he hadn't been responding much to other things I've tried it the past. And I never considered yeast, his skin and coat have always looked so good. But I guess some dogs are sensitive to their foods, I've never had to be so tuned into a dogs diet before, our past dogs did well on any food and lived long healthy lives.

I will definitely read the article you linked here, not only did he get the Cytopoint but the Cortizone shot as well. Both of these are degrading to his immune system and I hope they haven't done him harm.

Thanks so much! :)

Yes it's nice to see improvements when trying new things, he hadn't been responding much to other things I've tried it the past. And I never considered yeast, his skin and coat have always looked so good. But I guess some dogs are sensitive to their foods, I've never had to be so tuned into a dogs diet before, our past dogs did well on any food and lived long healthy lives.

I will definitely read the article you linked here, not only did he get the Cytopoint but the Cortizone shot as well. Both of these are degrading to his immune system and I hope they haven't done him harm.

Thanks so much! :)
Definitely read that. I avoid a lot of vaccines too, but thats beside the point. Its great info, a lot of good herbs to have on hand. :)

You are very welcome. :D

Back
Top Bottom