Daily Vegetables Feeding

Chelsea-85

Songster
Dec 24, 2018
Kurdistan
Dears all,

I daily feed my chickens vegetables (when I say daily I mean it 'everyday') and they love it and eat it all. Is feeding vegetables to chickens safe for them? I give them spinach, lettuce, Corinder leaf, celery, collards, mustard greens etc..

I know that vegetables are good, but are they good to be fed everyday?

Regards

Then have u tryed bread
Thank you dear,

Yes, I daily give them bread soaked in water, they love. I feed them yogurt and rice as well as their regular protein feed, the girls like the yogurt a lot. My white chicken started laying very early (less than 15 weeks). She lays an egg almost everyday. I have put artificial light due to winter sunlight shortage.

But I was wondering about the vegetables which were fed to them everyday.

Hello. They don't require extras daily. Commercial feed provides them the balance they need. Chickens don't need yogurt it's hype. It can cause stomach upset due to the fact they can't process diary.
I feed a veggie twice a week. In summer I allow limited free range when I'm outside due to predators.

Hello. They don't require extras daily. Commercial feed provides them the balance they need. Chickens don't need yogurt it's hype. It can cause stomach upset due to the fact they can't process diary.
I feed a veggie twice a week. In summer I allow limited free range when I'm outside due to predators.

I feed them commercial feed as well. I only give them yogurt occasionally, not everyday. Thanks for your comment dear.

Back
Top Bottom