Dandelions

Our girls love when I bring them a log from the bottom of the wood pile-lots of interesting bugs to fight over! I am thinking of just "growong" bugs by laying some old baords onthe ground.

My rooster, 8 hens, and 5 chicks all love rasberries. Not just the berries but the entire plant, leaves, stems, etc. Weird.

Good for you for taking them in. Mine won't eat dandilions at all. They love mealworms. We order them off eBay by the thousands. They are creepy things though.

great now I know it does not get better, wifes going to be mad, only at it for five years

My hens love dandelion and pretty much any greens including the elm leaves that fall off the tree.....they also strangely enough like to eat tomato plants which most people say aren't good for them...go figure...the LOVE melon and grapes and berries and they go berserk over yogurt and sour cream. They also know now that anytime I emerge from the shed with a gold bag, it means mealworm time....and without me even having to whistle first they come running and galloping over in a whirlwind of gluttony....kinda like the Tazmanian Devil from Looney Tunes
lau.gif
To be honest, chickens are pretty much like mini-garbage disposals....the eat EVERYTHING and ANYTHING....but they are pretty sharp at knowing what they like and don't like and what things aren't so good for them....like I wish SO MUCH that they liked button weeds as much as they like dandelions because I am overrun with those stinkin' things....My ducks have also acquired a taste for mushrooms and basil leaves....silly critters...

Back
Top Bottom