Dark Eggs Hatchery

I am very, very disappointed in Darkeggs.com. We ordered from them back in March and patiently waited until the June 1 ship date we had been promised. The chicks never came and she will not return numerous emails or phone messages and has NOT refunded our $100. I really don't know what happened, but we ended up needing to reorder from somewhere else. Our kids were extremely disappointed. So, I just wanted to let everyone else know of our experience - I don't recommend ordering from Suzi Cole at Darkeggs.com.

Oh no! Are you sure it is Suzi? She won't be in her office after nine after she gets done with the chores on her farm. (as her previous post mentioned)

Try PM her on her email to see if you get a response.

Yes, I am sure it is Suzi Cole. She responded to me emails initially, but once our ship date came and went (June 1) I never heard another word from her, despite many attempts to contact her. It is certainly very unprofessional, if not dishonest since she has not refunded our money.

I don't think she is the only one shipping chicks out from this name though. I thought there were contracted breeders that were supposed to help with the other breeds but am not sure. So it may not be Suzi at all but rather the others that came along with the business that she has acquired.
I, too, have a hard time keeping up with emails and all the numerous chores that go along with raising healthy birds for breeding. This is not easy for one person to do and I think the problems are arising from her trying to catch up with what she had to start with from the previous owner.

Quote:
sploeffler, I am in the same boat as you. I ordered in February. Had a June 8 ship date. No chicks. However, I did receive an email in reply to my reporting to her that my chicks must have gotten lost in the mail...........................and that reply is now more confusing to me after reading this thread. Her reply stated that they had been hit by a tornado, couldn't get online for several days due to a power outage, and the same power outage killed all the eggs in all of the incubators, and that she would have to refund my money later. Reading at the beginning of this thread that she's actually a "middleman".........well, gee gosh, does that mean that some major hatchery got hit by a tornado?
Meanwhile, I have a VERY upset grandson as the money spent was his and the birds were to be his project. We're still trying to find a breeder of his two chosen breeds to try to obtain some chicks, but having no real luck at all.
sad.png

Quote:
sploeffler, I am in the same boat as you. I ordered in February. Had a June 8 ship date. No chicks. However, I did receive an email in reply to my reporting to her that my chicks must have gotten lost in the mail...........................and that reply is now more confusing to me after reading this thread. Her reply stated that they had been hit by a tornado, couldn't get online for several days due to a power outage, and the same power outage killed all the eggs in all of the incubators, and that she would have to refund my money later. Reading at the beginning of this thread that she's actually a "middleman".........well, gee gosh, does that mean that some major hatchery got hit by a tornado?
Meanwhile, I have a VERY upset grandson as the money spent was his and the birds were to be his project. We're still trying to find a breeder of his two chosen breeds to try to obtain some chicks, but having no real luck at all.
sad.png

What are the breeds that he chose?

Huh? Tornado? From what I can gather, the middleman is in McConnells, SC.........hmmmmmm? It is possible. I can not make heads or tails of it. Search up to see if there were any tornadoes going thru this town or nearby towns. I am not aware of any hatcheries in those hard hit areas of AL and MS and TN that are down. Unless the breeders were having problems with their own flock laying eggs for the hatcheries.

I live in SC and there haven't been any devestating tornadoes. On a side note, she bought some silkie eggs from me on Ebay about a month ago and never paid and never responded. As a business owner, I understand there are things that can go wrong but the important thing is to communicate to the customer. No communication = bad business. Hopefully she can turn it around.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who post experiences and feed back on here as it really helps. I tried to place an order today from Suzi Cole and PayPal said payments were not currently be accepted in that account. I did a search to try to find out what was going on and found this thread. I would probably been persistent to order had I not read here there might be a potential problem. These forums really help inform. Good luck to all of you trying to straighten out your orders.

Nellie
TheFancyChick.com

Back
Top Bottom